Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conch punch!

Red face Conch punch!

So I've been waiting to get my post count up to share this...

On the 11th I got my conch punched at 2g..
    I went to The Piercing Urge in Prahran in Melbourne, I first went in there to get my jewelery sized up and check out the shop as I'd never been there before. After some running around Pete finally sized me up with the jewelery and said that it would work but my o-rings were too big and they might come off whilst I was sleeping (luckily I had smaller ones with me!) After a few more questions and jokes Pete talked me into getting it that day - mum agreed to pay for it (yay!) So off Pete went to autoclave my jewelery and set everything up whilst we sat and waited...

Once we were in the room Pete marked me up with an indent from a 2g taper (never had this done before nor have I seen it been done!) and then got me to lay down on the chair and we went for a ride (it moved up and down ) So away we went, deep breath in, deep breath out - done! Pete has a bit of a struggle to get the smaller o-rings on!

I was expecting this loud crunch and a lot of pain... but I got none of that at all, my septum hurt more! Mum was extremely freaked out about the amount of blood there was.

My ear throbbed for about an hour afterward but other than that, painless! I also had to wash my hair in the car park because of all the blood in it (the smell was kind of making me sick!)

my little cartilage piece :3 It's now living in my fridge, I enjoyed creeping mum out with it as it squished into three different sections!

Healing:
    Day 1. (11.1.11): Piercing was painless, no pain throughout the day. Still bleeding whilst doing a SSS.
    Day 2. (12.1.11): Still no pain, ear is swollen now, still slight bleeding.
    Day 3. (13.1.11): Stopped bleeding now. still swollen and now sore when i prod it or bend my ear. Moved o-rings back as instructed to allow room for swelling (o-rings were put on close to minimize the bleeding)
    Day 4. (14.1.11): Crusties! still swollen and no pain, I can even sleep on it. Doing more SSS over the sink (looking like a div with a cup to my ear ) in hope of moving the crusties, I can't really clean it with earbuds because my ear is so small.
    Day 5. (15.1.11): I'm getting a little pain where my industrial scar is (pain displacement?) still crusting and apart from the pain in my upper ear my conch is still painless!
    Day 6. (16.1.11) still pain in my upper ear oddly, did a SSS this morning and again tonight, added a chamomile teabag too it (killing two birds with one stone as I have to use the chamomile teabag on my nape )
    Day 7-8: Punch is still painless despite having slept on it for the majority of the night and bleaching and dying my hair too :p Still got crusties which I'm trying my hardest not to pick at too much. Still tender to prod the back of my ear.

Day 9-10:
    Still no pain, I've been sleeping on it on and off throughout the night. Starting LITHA with a SSS twice a week, more if needed.

So as you can tell, it's been pretty easy for me so far... I've still got a while to go yet though. I can even sleep on it but I try not to.

Will keep this updated as much as I can. I'm waiting on a new memory card so that I can post some decent photos for you!

19-1-11: Haven't been able to bend my ear backwards/forwards (towards my face) since the punch (which got annoying because i can't wash behind my ears!)... today I snooped whilst doing my eyebrows and notices something behind the o-ring, I couldn't get it with my fingers, so I got a toothpick (I'm a picker >.> I can't leave things alone once I find them) and prodded a bit more and out came this!

26-1-11: Bit tender today, I think maybe I knocked it whilst i was sleeping and it started to bleed lightly. crusting a lot
    I think im going to book in my other one soon, can't wait

30-1-11: been a bit tender the last few days, did a cham tea compress with the tea bag and then with cotton wool and tips, added 1/4 tsp of salt into the mix as well. feels heaps better right now, might continue this for a few days to see if it helps even more.

4-2-11: painless unless harshly knocked. feels healed to me even though it's far from it. Still lymphing like crazy. Been doing SSS with chamomile at nights to help get rid of this bump that's forming. No such luck.

Now I can move my ear freely and am extremely happy. Off to do a SSS now!

Here is a better picture of my conch now.. less blood. Personally i think this ear is my prettiest
    Last edited by vomits; 02-04-2011 at 04:28 AM.
    current: 19mm lobes (l&r), 6mm conch [conch punch diary] (right ear), septum, "double snakebites", tongue, tragus (right ear), helix (left ear).

want: 6mm conch (left ear), 25mm lobes, industrial, nipples, more on my ears, magnetic implants.
    would ideally love (but may not be able to get): ear pointing, tongue split.

retired: philtrum, "angel bites", industrial, trying to close up gunned second lobes, Nape :(

I'm Jo

facebook

Senior Member BlackRoseImmortal's Avatar

Congrats! Wish I had the courage to punch my other conch!
    *current piercings*
    16g right lip piercing
    12g first lobes
    14g second lobes
    14g inner conch
    12g tongue
    12g septum
    *current tattoos*
    purple star w/ thick black outline behind right ear
    Scat Fish upper side right ribcage

Life's a beach & I'm just playing in the sand.

Seems like it went really well for you-i'm surprised how painless you found it really, the idea of even a conch piercing at standard guage puts me off >.<.Urgh, that little bit of cartilage in the bag, your mum must love you .Congrats on it, I look forward to less bloody pictures
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Congrats, hun!

Heh heh, I like how you got given the chunk of ear in a baggie to take home, lol!
    Current: 4 Lobes (10mm & 2.4mm), Tongue Web, Navel, Right & Left Nostril, VCH (2mm), Right Rook, Septum (3.2mm), Triangle (2.4mm), Left Tragus

RIP: 2 Sternum Microdermals, Horizontal Nipples, Right Conch

Tattoos: Falling Leaves on inner right wrist (AFI), Song Lyrics on right ribs (AFI)

I'm Helen

I wanted to punch my conch but I'm rather fearful of the pain x.x
    What I Have:Left ear: Industrial, Rook, Conch, Tragus, Standard lobes
    Right ear: Vertical Industrial, Helix, Standard lobes
    Retired: Second set of lobes, Right Tragus, Right Snug

What I Want:
    Repierce second set of lobes, tongue web, standard tongue,
    septum, horizontal nipples, hips, among other things...

"We live in fear and danger of them,
    Their delicate cheeks will turn to rotting flesh;
    One day, women will all become monsters."

Follow My Tumblr (Occasionally NSFW)

i had both conch's done withing 5 mins of each other, pain was intense but bearable........a few months on and i still get days when they are a bit pissy but other than that it's all good
    Nick

piercings:

both lobes at 22mm
    both conch's punched at 8g
    septum at 6g
    frenulum at 12g

left eyebrow at 10g

tattoos:
    3/4 tattoo body suit

want:
    pierced nipples
    maybe a tongue web'
    L/R daith piercings

RETIRED
    both tragus's 12g due to severe migration

hit me up on crackbook

http://tattootaffy.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRoseImmortal View Post
    Congrats! Wish I had the courage to punch my other conch!
    eee, do it ! i personally think they look gorgeous :]

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Seems like it went really well for you-i'm surprised how painless you found it really, the idea of even a conch piercing at standard guage puts me off >.<.Urgh, that little bit of cartilage in the bag, your mum must love you .Congrats on it, I look forward to less bloody pictures
    I was surprised too ! Haha, she does She may not love most of the new mods that I want but she respects my choices
    For sure! I can't seem to get a decent photo from my iphone so I'm still waiting for my memory card adapter!

Quote Originally Posted by Byronic View Post
    Congrats, hun!

Heh heh, I like how you got given the chunk of ear in a baggie to take home, lol!
    I love my little chunk, lol! He actually wasn't going to give it to me - don't know what he was going to do with it, probably chuck it until I asked for it. That kinda surprised him

Quote Originally Posted by Arilyna View Post
    I wanted to punch my conch but I'm rather fearful of the pain x.x
    Do it! Honestly, pain passes and you're left with a beautiful new hole
    current: 19mm lobes (l&r), 6mm conch [conch punch diary] (right ear), septum, "double snakebites", tongue, tragus (right ear), helix (left ear).

want: 6mm conch (left ear), 25mm lobes, industrial, nipples, more on my ears, magnetic implants.

retired: philtrum, "angel bites", industrial, trying to close up gunned second lobes, Nape :(

I'm Jo

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tattoo taffy View Post
    i had both conch's done withing 5 mins of each other, pain was intense but bearable........a few months on and i still get days when they are a bit pissy but other than that it's all good
    I'm hoping that they don't get too pissy but I think it's in the cards :p I think I'm going to wait a month or two before getting my other one done, but school is starting soon so it will probably be longer than that unfortunately. I hope your conches heal up nicely!

I'm Jo

facebook

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

Whoof - that chunk! Awesome though, well done!
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

Quote Originally Posted by quotidianaubergine View Post
    Whoof - that chunk! Awesome though, well done!
    Thanks
    I do love playing with it, you can see all three layers clearly, it's quite interesting!

I'm Jo

facebook

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast