Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who writes the bjs blog?

Default Who writes the bjs blog?

And why are they giving such bad advice? Sorry but this time they've gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/blog/index.php/ear-stretchers-2/#more-5663
    I recommend stretching in 2 to 4mm increments and waiting at least 2 weeks before stretching again
    There is so much wrong with that sentence!

I've had an eye on the blog lately because I don't like the advice about using acrylic tapers to stretch and leaving them in as jewellery, but this is just so bad I can't keep my mouth shut.
    Please please change it to something more sensible and safe!
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Yeah that's pretty wrong, I found a lot of silly stuff written there, but I wouldn't bother menitioning it really...They're trying to sell their stuff D:

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

I know, I don't usually mind them tarting on about stuff, I mean that's what it's there for I suppose, but to give such WRONG advice ... wtf?

VCH, 5mm tongue

There seems to be a lot of bad advice and things that need updating on the BJS website but threads in the Forum problems, queries and suggestions part of the forum don't seem to get much of a look in so it's hard for any feedback and suggestions to actually be noted and considered. I've given up on the Studio Directory thread I started in there.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

It was a mistake, should of been done in 1mm at time, not 2-4mm. People make mistakes, lets hope no-one on this thread ever does.

As for the last post, can you show me examples of what you are referring too?

Sure, these are examples of more recent threads.

In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...alk-for-iphone) there were no replies to the OP at all

In this thread, my own thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...udio-Directory) There hasn't been any response from moderators at all so giving the suggestion seemed futile.

In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...my-phone/page2) There wasn't any input and there was even a post saying that people who queried the topic before were flamed for it.

In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...pload-pictires) there wasn't any real advice or input given.
    Saz
    Piercings:

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...my-phone/page2) There wasn't any input and there was even a post saying that people who queried the topic before were flamed for it.
    Tbf it was me that answered that thread and mentioned people got blasted for it, however that was from another member of the forum basically saying something along the lines of what people will moan about or something to that effect, hence why I didn't bother saying anything further as didn't want to upset anyone any further!

Thread in question: https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...ripped-my-lobe

I've just gotten used to removing the ... now
    Last edited by Boo; 01-14-2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Haha sorry Hazel I didn't realise it was you! Didn't look at the username.

I don't want to upset anyone either, was just a bit annoyed that the suggestion I had for the forum I've been a part of for so long was seemingly ignored when the topic is something I feel would benefit everyone even if it's not a massive deal.
    Saz
    Piercings:

nose

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Oooh nothing to be sorry for haha, was just explaining why I said what I did.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    It was a mistake, should of been done in 1mm at time, not 2-4mm. People make mistakes, lets hope no-one on this thread ever does.
    Thanks for removing that bit
    I still don't agree with everything in the blogs, hey if we all agreed on everything life would be boring, but I had to shout about what I felt was dangerous advice. Glad it's been amended.

Unfortunately there's another clanger in the latest one:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/blog/index.php/acrylic-ear-stretchers/
    The main advantage of acrylic ear stretchers is how lightweight they are. Heavy stretchers can pull on your piercings but with acrylic, you’ll hardly feel them at all. This puts less stress on the piercing and gives it a better chance of healing quickly. It also makes them comfortable to wear while your ear is healing – even at night.
    Sorry, that is just NOT good advice.

Has the blogger ever actually stretched his/her ears?

VCH, 5mm tongue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast