Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who writes the bjs blog?

I have stretched my ears, everyone around me here has, including the blogger. I have pierced 10,000's of people. Nothing wrong in what is written in your quote, sorry i don't understand what you are getting at? Can you explain to me why this is not good advice?

It used to be generally known in the piercing industry that metals where better for piercings but now with modern advances in acrylic and plastics they are much better in helping to heal and avoid stress on piercings, depending on the piercing. Many piercers will now pierce using bioflex and other acrylic materials.

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Sure, these are examples of more recent threads.

In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...alk-for-iphone) there were no replies to the OP at all

In this thread, my own thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...udio-Directory) There hasn't been any response from moderators at all so giving the suggestion seemed futile.

In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...my-phone/page2) There wasn't any input and there was even a post saying that people who queried the topic before were flamed for it.

In this thread (https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...pload-pictires) there wasn't any real advice or input given.
    We have no control of the forums, it's free speech, it is impossible for us at BJS to look at every post. I was refferring to the blogs.

Does that then not negate the purpose of the Forum Problems, Queries & Suggestions part of the forum if things that are posted there aren't really looked at?
    I'm not trying to be an ass but it's not as though this part is bombarded with threads on a regular basis so surely a check every now and then isn't going out of anyone's way? Surely it's in the interests of the owners of the site to look to its long-term regular members for feedback and suggestions that could improve the experience of the forum and also the traffic to the site?

I understand most of the things that are asked there can usually be resolved amongst moderators and forum members alone but in regards to threads such as my own it's slightly annoying to see it go ignored by anyone of higher status on the forum if it's something that could potentially benefit the whole forum. Even if someone were to come along and say that it's not something that would likely be looked into any feedback on a suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

I'm talking about wearing tapers as jewellery and especially sleeping with them in. OK so an acrylic taper isn't going to put as much strain on a piercing as a steel one will, but they don't sit straight like a spiral or other reasonably-symmetrical hanging design would.
    There is also the fact that acrylic can't be autoclaved so is unsuitable for fresh piercings or stretches, can harbour bacteria, and some people react to it.

Regardless of materials, sleeping with a taper in is just not safe or clever.
    Some people advocate sleeping with soft silicone tunnels or nothing at all in stretched ears. Mine are only 8mm but I get sore ears if I sleep with my double-flare steel tunnels in. Just as an example.

I realise I'm probably not going to change anyone's opinion here, I just want to point out that people who are new to stretching might read the blog and follow the advice there to the letter, without consulting a professional piercer or listening to what their ears tell them. Just take a look in the forum for the posts about "why does it hurt to stretch my ear, I waited 2 weeks"
    I guess all I'm saying is please be careful what advice you give. Sorry if I sound like an utter bitch I try not to.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Does that then not negate the purpose of the Forum Problems, Queries & Suggestions part of the forum if things that are posted there aren't really looked at?
    I'm not trying to be an ass but it's not as though this part is bombarded with threads on a regular basis so surely a check every now and then isn't going out of anyone's way? Surely it's in the interests of the owners of the site to look to its long-term regular members for feedback and suggestions that could improve the experience of the forum and also the traffic to the site?

I understand most of the things that are asked there can usually be resolved amongst moderators and forum members alone but in regards to threads such as my own it's slightly annoying to see it go ignored by anyone of higher status on the forum if it's something that could potentially benefit the whole forum. Even if someone were to come along and say that it's not something that would likely be looked into any feedback on a suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    I do look, at the moment i am in Thailand, been in Korea, then i am off to China so i can't action anything. The staff are very busy, working 6 days a week so its hard for anyone to keep an eye on the forums. I did view the thread but at the time internet access was bad, Bangkok is more up to date. When i get back i will give you a better answer on your suggestions,.

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    I'm talking about wearing tapers as jewellery and especially sleeping with them in. OK so an acrylic taper isn't going to put as much strain on a piercing as a steel one will, but they don't sit straight like a spiral or other reasonably-symmetrical hanging design would.
    There is also the fact that acrylic can't be autoclaved so is unsuitable for fresh piercings or stretches, can harbour bacteria, and some people react to it.

Regardless of materials, sleeping with a taper in is just not safe or clever.
    Some people advocate sleeping with soft silicone tunnels or nothing at all in stretched ears. Mine are only 8mm but I get sore ears if I sleep with my double-flare steel tunnels in. Just as an example.

I realise I'm probably not going to change anyone's opinion here, I just want to point out that people who are new to stretching might read the blog and follow the advice there to the letter, without consulting a professional piercer or listening to what their ears tell them. Just take a look in the forum for the posts about "why does it hurt to stretch my ear, I waited 2 weeks"
    I guess all I'm saying is please be careful what advice you give. Sorry if I sound like an utter bitch I try not to.
    Thanks for your advice, but I don't agree with a lot of what you are saying. I supply quite a few piercers, everyone of them has a different opinion as too how piercing should be done, what jewellery should be worn, with this biz everyone does and can react differently, hence why views differ. I have slept with tapers, one of the guys in the office is only using to tapers from 2mm to 9mm so far, no problems, we try lots of different ways to stretch and most have worked. You can always do better, yes, silicone plugs can be used, but if you have stretched that day or in the days to come do you really want to take out a taper, i wouldn't. Silicone plugs are well known for falling out in bed. I totally disagree with: If you stretch take it out every night while stretching, on so many levels but that is through my experience, some will and do not agree, that's the beauty of this industry, everyone has a view, no-one is right or wrong, depends on the piercers experience, what materials they use, and on it goes.

That's fine, I can agree to disagree thanks for the response.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    I do look, at the moment i am in Thailand, been in Korea, then i am off to China so i can't action anything. The staff are very busy, working 6 days a week so its hard for anyone to keep an eye on the forums. I did view the thread but at the time internet access was bad, Bangkok is more up to date. When i get back i will give you a better answer on your suggestions,.
    Ok, that'd be great
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

rjs

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
    Thanks for your advice, but I don't agree with a lot of what you are saying. I supply quite a few piercers, everyone of them has a different opinion as too how piercing should be done, what jewellery should be worn, with this biz everyone does and can react differently, hence why views differ. I have slept with tapers, one of the guys in the office is only using to tapers from 2mm to 9mm so far, no problems, we try lots of different ways to stretch and most have worked. You can always do better, yes, silicone plugs can be used, but if you have stretched that day or in the days to come do you really want to take out a taper, i wouldn't. Silicone plugs are well known for falling out in bed. I totally disagree with: If you stretch take it out every night while stretching, on so many levels but that is through my experience, some will and do not agree, that's the beauty of this industry, everyone has a view, no-one is right or wrong, depends on the piercers experience, what materials they use, and on it goes.
    Sorry but I feel I've got to disagree with this one - pretty much any reputable source you check says that tapers shouldn't be worn as jewellery, and the best way to stretch is to taper up and then follow the taper through with some good quality jewellery in the size you've just stretched to.

Sure, you can stretch in other ways but wouldn't it be preferable for the blog to endorse best practice?

More than happy for you to have a view, i learn everyday in this life.

With the materials on the market today, tapers are being worn by many people with no issues. Personally I don't see the problem, we use them all the time, I know quite a few piercers and people wearing them. Yes, I agree with you in the fact nearly all piercers did not use tapers but to say they can't be worn in my experience makes no sense. You got the old school of thinking and the what is going on today, especially with the advances in the jewellery materials. Plus, due to the weight of tapers unlike a BRC, say 8mm, your earlobe won't get stretched to 9mm, as it can and does by 8mm BCR's due the weight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12