Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What are "deal breakers" for you in a relationship?

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

People who can't accept me for who I am, ups and downs, good and bad etc.
    People who are overly distant or clingy
    erm..
    Incompatible personality xD
    Bad personal hygiene
    Long nails!

Probably loads more but I can't think just now
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Wow.. lot of very specific checklists here. Aside from the fundamentals of trust, emotional/actual honesty and obvious attraction i couldn't much give a damn.. given those basics it comes down then to chemistry, and in that i am more concerned with someones spirit/nature than much else. Give me someone with a good heart all day long.

Current
    : Left ear ~
    Lobe, Tragus

Future:
    Left ear ~ Double Helix

Mooting: Nostril, Tongue, Eyebrow

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

I can't deal with ignorant, bigoted, violent, aspirationless, self-absorbed, deluded guys. And ohhhh do they exist! Sigh...
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

- Lack of drive and general enthusiasm... I'm a very driven person, who thrives on 'getting things done'. Consquently, I have no respect for people who can't get motivated or can't help themselves.

- Indecisiveness... There is nothing worse than living with someone who can't make up their mind. Simple things like planning a holiday become impossible without the input of your partner. It's also quite stressful when you're relied on for everything.

- Poor hygiene.... Been there, never again!

- No money/ no job/ general poor finance... Been there, never again! People have taken me for a ride before, and now I point blank refuse to share my finances with anybody earning less than me. Sounds harsh, but it's the truth.

So what I really want is a rich businessman/woman with an obsession for cleanliness. Looks like I might be single for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    Wow.. lot of very specific checklists here. Aside from the fundamentals of trust, emotional/actual honesty and obvious attraction i couldn't much give a damn.. given those basics it comes down then to chemistry, and in that i am more concerned with someones spirit/nature than much else. Give me someone with a good heart all day long.
    I like this and tend to agree
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Having been in a relationship for over 12 years it's hard for me to think of ones aside from the totally obvious. However sometimes you don't know what you can put up with until it happens to you and to what extent. I'm not a believer of the 'he/she can't change' brigade either. Also some of the above and the obvious I mentioned earlier could come from physical or psychological illness so I wouldn't say I would walk out on someone who needed medical help. Lying is a big one as is manipulation but again, all depends to what extent. /serious waffle
    I completely agree with you. Been with my man over 8 years now and I'd say infidelity would be a deal breaker.... but you don't know how you'd deal with something until it happens.

If she hated animals... something about me and people who hate animals doesn't sit right, relationship or not.

Overall though, I guess I'm similar to others... there's the 'obvious' stuff like paedophilia, racism and the like, but as far as other 'less extreme' things go, as said previously by others it can depend on the person - I mean some people put up with a hell of a lot of crap from those rare, few people who have in some way, taken hold of their hearts, that they'd NEVER put up with from others. There are those that might break every rule in your book, but they see you like others don't and vice versa, so something sticks. It might not be the healthiest of relationships, but you're still there, sticking by each other through the very thick and the waif-like thin and no, not because you're with them because you're 'too scared to be alone'. I guess if I feel like crap most of the time, if I feel trapped or like it's not going anywhere and we're clearly not compatible as people, that'll do it for me. The reasons could always vary though...
    "We must be the change we wish to see in the world"

current piercings:
    LEFT EAR:
    Retired almost all of my piercings

RIGHT EAR:

• 10 mm lobe stretch - temporarily retired
    • conch
    • daith
    • 2 self-pierced retired lobe piercings

OTHER:

• lip piercing - retired as of June 2010
    • tongue piercing
    • Right sleeve - work in progress
    • Half left sleeve - needs finishing

Cheating and lying. I could never be with someone who isn't faithful or completely honest with me. I think keeping secrets is stupid and harmful to the relationship.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by tacosareyummeh View Post
    Cheating and lying. I could never be with someone who isn't faithful or completely honest with me. I think keeping secrets is stupid and harmful to the relationship.
    this

cheers
    froovs

Quote Originally Posted by Anomander View Post
    100% agree with you on that one.
    Sophie

Piercings
    Lobes x3, Left Helix, Right Helix x2, Double Nostrils, Right Rook, Left Nipple, Left Conch, VCH, Tongue

Ink
    Pink Gerbera, Orange Gerbera, Storm Cat

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast