Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Micro Dermals. . .

Default Micro Dermals. . .

Hey Guys

Right now I have pretty much come to the point of reality that I cant *sadly* get my Tragus pierced. . . I am now considering getting a MD right near my Tragus. What is the procedure of getting a MD done? Pain. . . && what kinda jewelry can you wear? Also rejection, is it high?

Thank You
    *The Names Emma*
    *2010 The Year I Met Gok Wan* <3 Helena Bonham Carter <3

Double Standard Lobes
    Navel

Wish List:
    Rook

Daith
    Scaffold
    Conch
    Tragus
    Tattoos that I want:

Colored stars behind left ear
    More Ink.

Sorry to hear you can't get your tragus done, how come?

Its way to small >_< Pretty annoying! Well VERY annoying! I <3 Tragus Piercings. . .
    *The Names Emma*

Double Standard Lobes
    Navel

Wish List:
    Rook

Daith
    Scaffold
    Conch
    Tragus
    Tattoos that I want:

More Ink.

Well i have sternum dermals and the procedure was painful but not like unbearable or anything! Probably my 3rd most painful piercing... I would have it again if i wanted it, whereas my inverse navel hurt so much i'd never get that re-done! So, thats my explaination of the pain XD
    And i don't think the rejection rate would be very high by your tragus as there's not really much movement there...

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

I have done a Few mds that are in front of the Tragus, they are quick to do, I use the dermal punch method which takes a section of skin out and as the skin on the face is quite elastic they tend to go in easy, only problem you may have is the thickness of the skin where you want it may not sit flush to the face only your piercer will be able to judge that though.

I would say the rejection rate is just the same as any other md really you just need to watch out for catching it with your hairbrush and be careful
    With hair products and avoiding getting any near the md.

As for types of jewellery the tops cam be changed you can get loads of different coloured gemmed ones and ones that are different coloured titanium these come in sizes 3mm-6mm, flat topped, star top and ones with different logos on.
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

If you don't have enough skin for a md to sit flush you may wish to consider anskin diver, similar procedure but smaller
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Professional Piercer Just_vix81's Avatar

Yeah pinks definatley skin divers work well on the face I've done skin divers in this area work really well.
    I did 3 skin divers in a vertical row in front of a girls Tragus looked so cool
    Piercings
    Left ear:12 including scaffold,tragus,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Right ear:12 including rook,conch x 3 & 14mm lobes
    Eyebrow
    Right nostril: x 3
    Left nostril: x 3
    Vch
    Piercer and Tattooist

Okay right so my options are MD but if not then skin divers Sounds good. Im planning on going to see my piercer this week for her to check my navel piercing to see how its healing && ii will ask her then about them Thank Guys x
    *The Names Emma*

Double Standard Lobes
    Navel

Wish List:
    Rook

Daith
    Scaffold
    Conch
    Tragus
    Tattoos that I want:

More Ink.

Hey,

haven't been on here a while but thought I'd give you my 2pence! I had an md right by my tragus & wasn't painful as such although apparently I did go a bit green!! Had it done May last year I think, may even have been the year before & never gave me any problems. My hairdresser once pulled one end out by accident but nothing major.
    It finally came out end of November & was totally gutted! Thought it would have lasted longer but it had a good run.

Heres a pic of mine http://www.checkoutmyink.com/tattoos...88/piercing-19

I had that one and two skindivers, one on each wrist & one of the skin divers rejected so had that taken out at hospital. The second one started rejecting couple days after that & took that one out myself (weren't waiting hours in hospital again!) About 2 weeks after they both came out I was scratching near my md and felt something drop in my hand, when I looked it was my md. Just completely popped out, I think the skin never grew back through the foot once it was yanked cos it was completely clean and looked like it was ready to come out.

Sorry I've rambled on but I hope that might help you out.

Oh Pinxy, I noticed you mentioning skin divers there instead, are they easier to deal with there then? I think half the prob with my md in the end was that I kept changing the top & fiddling with it so the top didn't come off.
    Have:2 pairs lobe, tragus, forward helix tongue, navel, Tribal heart pattern on lower back, Star just above ankle, Fairy on waist , Capricorn symbol on wrist, 'J' behind ear, Heart below hip, Coloured stars from back of neck across right shoulder, Pattern on hand by thumb, Initials on out side of right wrist, Pattern on foot, 3 Flowers on left arm
    Retired:
    Tragus md, 2x wrist skindivers

Thanks for that Carly Yeah im still think about weather or not getting an MD near my Tragus. My sister went to Punktured (Brighton) the other day with her friend to inquire weather or not her Tragus was too small to pierce, apparantly the piercer just laughed and said that any Tragus can be pierced. . . :/ I love the look of Tragus piercings, they are gorgeous. But ii just dont know what to do weather or not to go to Punktured now to get it done and risk it getting ripped out my ear :S Hmmm . . .
    *The Names Emma*

Double Standard Lobes
    Navel

Wish List:
    Rook

Daith
    Scaffold
    Conch
    Tragus
    Tattoos that I want: