Thread: MTB disc brakes...

Gotcha

Current
    : Left ear ~
    Lobe, Tragus

Future:
    Left ear ~ Double Helix

Mooting: Nostril, Tongue, Eyebrow

I used to compete in mtb before but now I'm only training for fun.
    My old Cannondale is working despite several crashes...
    Only interested in off road track's not downhill racing...
    Cale

Piercings:
    Septum 5mm spike
    PA 6mm smoth segment ring
    3x Bead strings on the shaft

Retired:
    Apadravya, will have a new one soon...

Next step:
    Apadravya (shaft?) and Ampallang
    More beadings...
    maybe will move into branding/cutting

I've still got a pristine Craftworks FRM125 frame i need to get rid of on ebay. Gorgeous but i just don't like DH geometry.

Current
    Lobe, Tragus

Future:
    Left ear ~ Double Helix

what size & colour? how much you after? i might be interested

You can try cleaning the rotor to get rid of the squeak. I use muc off disk brake cleaner, but you can use isopropyl alcohol which is cheaper.
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Of topic but how is the road bike working out for you? ^^

Ive pretty much finished my new track/fixed bike build
    Last edited by TheArctopus; 02-09-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

Road biking is hell on earth! No mud, rocks or tree roots or any of those fun things and there are cars and potholes all over the place. Why anyone would want to do this is completely beyond me!

I'm going out tomorrow for a 37 mile ride over the Crow road (big hill Lennoxtown to Fintry).
    My life of piracy was so profitable that I can retire and spend my days eating fruit.
    Wearing a navy blue duffle style straight jacket with big toggle fasteners and made of 100% new wool.
    Carrots are the banana of the vegetable world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Road biking is hell on earth! No mud, rocks or tree roots or any of those fun things and there are cars and potholes all over the place. Why anyone would want to do this is completely beyond me!

I'm going out tomorrow for a 37 mile ride over the Crow road (big hill Lennoxtown to Fintry).
    You are obviously not going fast enough or riding in the right places :P The racing season will start to build up soon. 10 mile time trials!!!!!
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

The frame is 19.5" BB ctr to top of seat tube in silver.. i put it up on Ebay in the end and it didn't make reserve. Baffling since a few days prior the same frame in green and battered to buggery, chain gouged every which way, went for 330 (does it being green really mean so much??!) Mine is like.. mint! It doesn't look like it has ever been built up. Aaaanyway.. the brakes were just tinkering with my workhorse runabuot bike.. you've seen the project build on another thread. Had the runaround jetwashed and given it a tune up and don't need the disc brake now.. new rear rim and brake bits and its strong as hell. Strangest thing.. i lieft it cha\ined up one night as Liverpool St and the next day one side of the rear rim was screwed.. gouged all the way round. Hard to do even if you were trying.. the tire protrudes more.. and it was the side against the railings that was damaged.. bizarre, only 15 for a new wheel tho. Also got a new shifter x3 to match the sram 7sp mech and had to get a seperate brake then as the shimano one had been combined.. nice michelin tires on the way and a vintage single speed crank i'm gonna experiment with.. having a lot of chainslip in all but highest gear tho chain is right length, all compatible componenets and chainline is good to at least half the cassette. Had a stiff link but swopped it out for a powerlink. Got a shorter sealed BB coming will try that too.. can't help tinkering. Not too sure if the crank will suit the rest of it.. but i like retro cranks, i only want/use/need a single front chainwheel, and i need the larger diameter as am used to the 11t now..

crank :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

btw looking for 200 minimum for the frame..

Am falling slightly in love with crank brothers cobalt wheelset.. only 700 a pair :0

Current
    Lobe, Tragus

Future:
    Left ear ~ Double Helix

I'll throw a pic up when it's done.. lets have a look at your new build then Arctopus .... how much did u spend on it?

Current
    Lobe, Tragus

Future:
    Left ear ~ Double Helix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast