Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Facebook - yay or nay?

Default Facebook - yay or nay?

I remember life before the internet.
    I remember when the powers that be said "the internet is full of nutters, spammers and crooks who want to harvest your information, so don't put anything personal on the internet"
    I remember when myspace, bebo, facebook etc came along and said "hey, put your personal info on the internet"

So no, I'm not on facebook BUT it seems that everyone and everything else is, so if for example I want to find out the prices of local piercers, I need to look on facebook.

Am I missing out on an essential part of life? Or just another waste of time?

Pros and cons of facebook please is it worth joining?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

i love that i can talk to mates iv not seen in ages and see there pics and keep up to date with them, deff ones that have moved to the other side of the world!!

bad thinks is arguments and ppl being bitchy on there can be a little childish!! and ppl moaning on the status updates winds me right up grrr
    TORY

Piercings - retired - tounge, tregas, scafolding, nipple x 2, labret, lower part of belly button, 3 lobes in each ear, diath, facial md

Have - 14mm lobe, 3mm lobe, both conch 1.6mm - 2.4mm, both tregas 1.2mm, both diath1.2mm, helix 1.2mm, nose 1.2mm, belly button 1.6mm, tongue 1.6mm, 2x mds on belly

Want - conch punch, 1 x helix!

Tatts - many all over my body

Want - wrist cover up, matching wrist tatts

http://www.emi-clothing.co.uk/

Quite simply, nah.
    But that's just imo, it might be right for you.Tbh most of the stuff you need to know about piercers would probably be on their website, but it might be easier of facebook.Personally it's just a bit pathetic to me, because I don't care about half the crap people spout, but it's ok for staying in touch with some of my mates, esp ones far away.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Noooo, it'll claim your soul! In all seriousness, I think I would rather that I'd never joined. People I know in Manc very rarely talk to me on there as it is (which gets me down), but also all the social events that happen amongst our lot in Manc are organised through Facebook, not that me and Robin have the money to go to any of them atm but I'd miss out on a lot. And I'll admit to a little Facebook stalking. I would know nothing about what's going on with any of my friends were it not for Facebook, we live quite a 'sheltered' life since we can't afford to go out to the uni Rock Soc meet-ups like we used to and don't interact with anyone from there regularly irl. God, we sound really sad, but if we weren't broke our social lives would be great. If you see your friends a lot irl, which I imagine you would, and you all have no problems in making arrangements with each other in person or over the phone, I'd not bother with Facebook tbh.
    Stef

Mods:

Left ear: Lobe, 2x 1.6mm inner conches, 1.2mm rook, 1.6mm helix (newest).
    Right ear: Lobe, 1.6mm tragus (stretched), 1.2mm daith.
    Other: 2.5mm centre labret (stretched), 8mm septum (stretched), 1.6mm nape.
    Retired: 4x 1.6mm lobe, 1.6mm snakebites, 2.4mm venoms, 1.6mm anti-tragus, 10mm and 12mm lobes.

Gallery

I'm not sure. I hate it, but its handy.

I hate it cause it can bring me down for nothing, just cause I end up comparing myself to everyone i went to school with and bringing myself down. I know thats party to do with when I'm feeling a bit naff in myself.

But on the other hand, I love that I can keep in contact with my family, and people who I don't see that often. My friends are away at University at the minute, and all but my immediate family live 5+ hours away or in another country! I love seeing what they're up to. Its about self restraint haha! When i know I'm spending too long on it I just delete it for a couple of months! I deleted it over summer cause I didn't want to waste it on there.

Oh and I know I wouldn't have raised all the money I have for my head shave without it!
    Last edited by SleeeepyHollow; 12-30-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by SleeeepyHollow View Post
    Oh and I know I wouldn't have raised all the money I have for my head shave without it!
    Just checked your total, that's awesome only a couple of days to go now!
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

I like it - I like being nosy haha. I don't really actively use it much myself, hardly ever post status updates or anything like that...but I still have it open in a tab pretty much all of the time. My friends are useless with phones so it's the easiest way to get in touch with them, and easiest way to share our photos.

Senior Member quotidianaubergine's Avatar

I pretend I don't like it but I do really. I think that's how a lot of people feel about it. It can be useful for keeping in touch with people but it can also make you nosy and stalkerish, and it's good for boredom but also too good for procrastination which is bad for uni work etc. I kind of wish it had never been invented...but I wouldn't get rid of it now that it has been. WEIRD!
    currently: 1st lobes, 2nd lobes, nostril

retired: 1.6mm lobes, 6mm lobes, snug, 2 x helix, septum, 2 x nostril, 5mm lobes, labret, 8mm lobes, left tragus, right conch, right double forward helix

I actually can't stand it yet I still use it..I think it's just the convenience of being able to talk to people I haven't seen since I left school and people that I don't see very often now. But yes, I agree that it is just a huge bitchfest between some, and it can be quite upsetting if you do take it to heart. I don't know what it is about it, I find it weird putting all of my information on there but meh, at the same time I feel like I need it on there? I just don't understand why I find it addictive, I'd quite happily delete it but I know I'd log back in and the cycle would start again lmao.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

someone above said they hate it but it's handy....that, basically. Why not just make a profile but put literally no info on it, if all you want it for is it's handyness? Only problem is, you really do get sucked into it all. The South Park facebook episode is really pretty damn accurate XD
    8mm lobes
    2x lobe + helix in left ear
    lobe, helix, conch and scaffold in right ear
    nose, tongue, and navel
    Cleavage microdermal (rip!)

Tattoos all planned out for when I have money!

http://www.last.fm/user/nadiah_x

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast