Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racism

Default Racism

would you concider racism to be a learned response or a genetic disposition?

and please be respectful of other peoples views and right to think while discussing

i will start it off with my view

i think racism is genetic, i believe everyone is born racist and learns tolerance and understanding as they get older i think its bred into us to fear differance there was a study done on chimps reecenly that showed the chimps hunted killed and ate chimps of other groups i think its an obvious mirror of same behaviour of all other fight or flight creatures such as humans

i think racism is genetic but un-civillised

this isnt a discussion of weather racism is right or wrong just what you think its origans are

i also want to make the point that white people are not the souly racist race it exists in every culture

also lets make homophobia and secrtairianism a part of this discussion
    Last edited by I.N.K; 12-21-2010 at 09:37 PM.
    my name is nathan

piercings need patience!

my stats

20mm in both ears
    septum 1.6
    labret 1.6
    snakebites 1.6
    both dimples 1.6
    tounge 1.6
    bout 30% of my body tattooed

Being naturally fearful of difference is entirely different to racism. Racism is discriminating against someo9ne based purely on their race. In a civilised society I believe it can only be learned behaviour. A genetic base to discrimination would imply that we are all born racist and some of us learn to fight that and others don't. That would still then boil down to learned behaviour. Same goes for any other "ism".
    Brainiest Forum Member 2010

Tiggerlou

• Tattoos - 12 in all, plans for many more
    • Piercings - double nape, right nipple, navel
    • Planned - VCH redone (at least), another corset
    • Retired - wrist surface piercing (right), VCH, nipple (left), and navel
    • Experienced - 10 ring corset (gorgeous!)

racism isint just based on discriminating against their race its also there culture or steriotypes based on their race and or culture
    my name is nathan

piercings need patience!

my stats

20mm in both ears
    septum 1.6
    labret 1.6
    snakebites 1.6
    both dimples 1.6
    tounge 1.6

I'm not really sure how can it be genetic... When I was younger, I thought racism was stupid and was all "love and peace for everyone", but after actually having some experience with gypsies, I have to say I'm not a huge fan of them... I'm not saying I'm a racist now, but I do avoid them. I try to treat people nicely, unless they treat me badly. I have a lot of different nationalities in my family so I really don't have the right (or need) to discriminate any. I don't really know any african-americans or other "races" so I can't say really, all we got are stereotypes I try to fight because I know what it's like. I do like sick jokes, and while some might be racist, I wouldn't actually go around beating people up because of their skin colour or whatever. I also enjoy abortion jokes, which doesn't mean I keep fetuses in jars as decoration... tbh I just don't care much. (about lots of stuff, not only racism)

"I don't discriminate, I hate everyone!" :P

I don't think there's a "pure blooded" person left in the world, so there's not much point in thinking you're better than someone else because of your genetics. Maybe you're prettier or smarter or whatever, then you have the right to think you are better :P

Hope the thread doesn't explode...

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

kaaabooooooommmmm!!
    my name is nathan

piercings need patience!

my stats

20mm in both ears
    septum 1.6
    labret 1.6
    snakebites 1.6
    both dimples 1.6
    tounge 1.6

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

personally i think that racism is a mixture of genetics and learned responses, genetic because we are all predisposed to being wary of people who are different to us and way back in the days when our ancestors had to rely on what they could gather from the earth as well as eking out an existance on this plain that reaction of wariness to a stranger would more than likely have been a neccesary tool for survival... However in this day and age we have very little need for such reflexes and so it come out in other ways. as to learned part of it to put it simply we all learn by example for instance if a child grows up around people who speak or act in a hateful manner to others that they dislike then chances are they will grow up the same obviously there are outside influences to take in as well eg peer pressure etc ...

i probably haven't put my point across very clearly so if anyone wants me to clarify on my reasoning behind any of it then feel free too ...
    also i apologise if i've inadvertantly offended someone 'twas truly not my intention
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

I have opinions and views on this but find them almost impossible to convey on a written forum, so I won't lol
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member .Only.Streetlights.'s Avatar

In my opinion racism is fear, and fear is a learnt response.

We may learn it at a very, very young age as a result of our parent's views and actions but I don't believe a newborn has 'built in' racism.
    Queen C aka Cazaclysmic

“I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” -Stephen Roberts

I was thinking about this this morning and even fear of those different to us is a learned response. A herd of deer teach the babies to be scared of predators for example. Hand reared deer do not have the same response. If a black family adopted a white baby (or vice versa) that baby would not know it was "different" until someone told it, therefore the fear/racism would not be already there.
    Brainiest Forum Member 2010

Tiggerlou

• Tattoos - 12 in all, plans for many more
    • Piercings - double nape, right nipple, navel
    • Planned - VCH redone (at least), another corset
    • Retired - wrist surface piercing (right), VCH, nipple (left), and navel
    • Experienced - 10 ring corset (gorgeous!)

I think it's a learned response. I was raised by a very liberal single mother and taught from a young age to respect all cultures just like my brother and sister. However my sister started hanging with some older teens growing up and they were homophobic racists who love the bnp and were generally just douches and she does now not like 'all these immigrants stealing our jobs and benefits'. She'll always pre-emp some nasty comment with 'I'm not a racist but...'

I don't believe it's genetic because babies and young children will play with anyone regardless of race, I've seen this dozens of times when I volunteered at a playgroup and just with my nieces too (my sisters kids couldn't care less what colour their friends are!).
    For most it does not last so long, the smoke their breathe will take, but she was strong- so very strong- she burned up wide awake.

x4 Tongue.......... x4 Bottom Lip......... x3 Left Lobe
    10mm + 5mm
    Stetch (Left Ear)
    x2 Right Cartilege
    T
    ragus (Right Ear).......Conch (Right Ear)
    24mm Stretch (Right Ear)......... 8mm PunchOuter Conch (Right Ear)
    L
    eft Nipple......Left Nostril......... Upper Navel..........HCH
    6mm Septum......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast