Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Racism

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulFaeryFalls View Post
    The death tolls werent unusual for medievil warfare. Wholesale slaughter tends to go hand in hand with pitched battles and religion. European Christians inflicted far worse on each other for a far longer time, the same for Muslms in the East but like I said its just a personal bugbear. But you're right in that the propaganda of the Crusades still exists today.(bloody da Vinci code)
    I assume you're referring to the inquisition? Yeah, the Da Vinci code is balls, I can't believe some people actually think it's a good book, let alone that any of it is even slightly true.

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

I assume you're referring to the inquisition? Yeah, the Da Vinci code is balls, I can't believe some people actually think it's a good book, let alone that any of it is even slightly true.
    I was just thinking in general really - the st Bartholemew Day masacre, the constant wars with each other (and the raping, maiming and pillaging that went alongside it), the Pasteroux and all the other little mad sects that popped up left, right and centre and got killed for disagreeing with orthodox views.
    As if we really need a reason to kill each other. Bah
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Racism, sectarianism, homophobia etc are all just forms of narrow minded bigottry which various individuals and/or sections of society are guilty of. These people use their twisted ignorance as an excuse to try and prove that they are more superior to others...thus proving that they are inferior IMO.

I have been subject to various forms of bigottry for different reasons over the years. I really feel sorry for the children being brought up in this atmosphere of hate at home. The anger and negative energy in those homes must be horrible. It is learnt behaviour, as it has been pointed out when children are very young they just see people, they don't see the differences. Its a pity that we can't all stay like children.
    There is no coming to consciousness without pain.
    Carl Jung

L ear: 1x18mm 4x14g lobes, 1x14g helix & 14g scaffold
    R ear: 1x18mm, 3x14g lobes, 1x14g helix, 16g helix, 16g forward helix & 16g tragus
    14g Double nostrils, 14g Cyberbites, Monroe, Madonna
    16g Left Eyebrow, 14g spiderbites
    Ink: 9 tattoos
    Retired piercings: septum & bridge, right double eyebrow
    Want:
    Rook! Daith? Lots more ink!
    Facebook

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Its a pity that we can't all stay like children.
    if you've see seen some of the kids running about my town, thats not something you want to contemplate lol - nasty little buggers
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

Racism is not genetic. Just look at the way kids behave; they celebrate diversity. They may ask questions about people who are different but it's out of curiosity because they're genuinely interested, not fearful. It's not until they're brought up by parents or a society that tells them "people of this color are bad" that they learn that behavior, and even then they don't understand it until they're older. It may be natural to fear things that are different, but it's definitely not natural to say "I'm superior to you, I get more rights."
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

I agree Lindsay, some kids don't judge at all, but then there are those cruel kids who try to ruin other kids' lives just because they're "fat" or "ginger" or a different race... :S

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

No-one is born racist, it's how people form their own beliefs and what makes them do so which makes them racist if that's what they are. I agree on the kids thing and how they're much more tolerant : I see it with my nephew.

I'm not so convinced that racism is genetic. I think it's more a case of it being accidentally taught. It's natural to distinguish aspects of people that make them easy to explain. We get to know at school and from tv shows the differences between us and other races. Sometimes that is expected to help us understand and tolerate them but it doesn't always work. If more emphasis was on telling people what we have in common I reckon people would take a more open mind to stuff.

i think i should just tell people off when they say a norty word and should be sprayed with water for a misbehaviour action placement

the doc martens made me do it......
    Nick

piercings:

both lobes at 22mm
    both conch's punched at 8g
    septum at 6g
    frenulum at 12g

left eyebrow at 10g

tattoos:
    3/4 tattoo body suit

want:
    pierced nipples