Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BJS Piercing Videos

Default BJS Piercing Videos

https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/body_piercing_videos/

Just had a watch of the piercing videos and I'd like to be honest and suggest that they don't represent the BJS business in the best of lights. The nose piercing one where the piercer has trouble getting a nose screw in and the cannula gets stuck is a bit upsetting for someone wanting to get a nose piercing done and a few of the other piercings look quite shallow - its not a judgement on the piercer who seems to be very good at piercing without marking anything (quite a considerable skill!) but some people may look at them in a negative light?

Anyone else got any thoughts on this, am I just seeing fault or do you think the videos could use some work?
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I've always thought most of them are a bit dodgy =/ No time to watch any now since I should be ironing some clothes and leaving for work in 20min, but I'll watch later and see if I can find the bits in particular that I didn't like.

The nose piercing one is really bad tbh :/. Eyebrow, shall, but not too bad. Conch, takes forever to get the jewellery in! I've pierced my own lobes with a cannula faster that that tbh. (Before self piercing explosion, I do know what I'm doing, everything is claved, gloves etc blah blah) WIll look at others. They definitely need to find better ones though. Maybe we could get one of our piercers, like Dpack or Ku to do a few videos?

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

dpack_1

The nipple piercing video is horrible. The time it takes to pass the needle is FAR too long, i can only imagine how much that must have hurt.

Erm, that nose piercing one looks like it needs to be in the awful piercing thread as far as the experience goes for the poor piercee and agree that nipple piercing and the 2nd conch piercing seemed to take aaaaaages. The really low video quality all makes it look unprofessional as well.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by dpack_1 View Post
    The nipple piercing video is horrible. The time it takes to pass the needle is FAR too long, i can only imagine how much that must have hurt.
    I had one of mine done by a recently-qualified mate who wanted to practise. She wasn't fast but she was quicker than that!
    The four subsequent nipple piercings I've had were done in one breath, that poor guy was lying there panting for ages.

The inverse navel looked a wee bitty slow as well

Nose: omg how long does the piercer take to WRESTLE the jewellery into the poor girl's face?

See different piercings being carried out by a proffional piercer.
    Says it all really lol

Also whoever was videoing it all could really have got into a better position for most of them, the piercer's hands get in the way a LOT.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

None of those clips are particularly good, the nipple piercing took forever!

I was really unimpressed with the scaffold piercing. The two holes were not in line with each other and you can see the difference in angle just before they begin to feed the bar through... Gonna leave the whole ear a little kinked and certainly not totally comfortable.

Slotted clamps wouldn't have gone amiss either, there's a lot of movement of the cannula to remove the ones they've used
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn’t work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness. (Emo Philips)

Agreedd with all the above mentions, and that poor girl getting her nose pierced.She looked like she was about to cry, I can imagine that must've been so sore.They don't really reflect the site very well, i'm quite glad i've never checked them out before, but agree they could be changed to much better videos.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I'm glad that I'm not just being all 'elitest' about them... I can get carried away with perfectionism sometimes!

I thought the eyebrow one was too shallow and done with a straight bar?

The navel I also personally thought was a bit shallow but I do mine with 12mm bars to allow for migration so I may just be being a bit picky with that one!

The industrial top hole was pierced at a different angle to the other one, which created a sort of right angle which a straight bar can't accommodate, although I was impressed with the way she lined things up not using markings. (Tbh however I was personally taught that a good piercer always marks, and checks their marks no matter how long they have been piercing because its easier to catch a slight mistake before its made than it is to correct a poorly placed piercing - just my training / pov there though and I'm sure there are great piercers out there that work just fine without marks!)

The nipple did look slow but I know that the tissue is so thick that without good lubrication on a needle (cannulas are self lubricated so it can be tricky to know when you don't have enough I guess?) they can take a bit of pressure to get through so while I don't see it as bad I also don't think its a good way to represent a piercing to someone who may not have had one before?

The problem with getting good videos of piercees is that you want people to be as comfy as possible during a piercing and not everyone is good with a camera in their face! Plus its almost impossible to get the right angle when a piercer wants to get their hands in there a lot! I have had a video taken of myself performing a tongue piercing (at the request of the client) but it was taken when I was doing the odd piercing from home earlier on in my training and I don't really want to encourage self piercing / home piercing by it being used in such a context as even though I spent almost two hours cleaning the kitchen I used every time I used it ( soap, then bleach, then disinfectant, then medical grade disinfectant on all floors, tiles and surfaces) and used disposable plastic sheeting to ensure it was clean as possible I was always uneasy about the the 'extra' bacteria that will always exist in a living space that isn't necessarily there in a piercers (since a piercing studio shouldn't have food / dirty laundry / toilets close to the place where piercings are done). But then i'm very anal about that kind of thing!

I can see if I get any requests for videos when I do my portfolio but I won't push the issue. The only other way I can see people being ok with it is to offer a small discount in return for a video but I don't own the studio so I don't have the say in that sort of thing!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I do agree, the first thing I noticed was the bad quality of the videos (recorded with a mobile phone? dark?) and there are the faults in the piercings themselves...
    So it would be good if you did put up some better ones.
    Sure, they're there just so people can see how it can look, not for others to learn how it's done, but BJS is a good company and you deserve better videos...

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast