Thread: Septum jewlery

Default Septum jewlery

Im planning on getting a septum piercing and streatching it.
    I had one awhile back at 4g, but I had to take it out, and quite frankly, it was my favorite piercing.
    So when you get to larger sizes like 0g+, can you wear silicone eyelets, or do they have to be thicker silicone plugs, or just metal.
    Im assuming they would crush a little if the cartlidge wasnt done denting, but what about when it has?
    Safe or no?

I've seen people wearing earskins at 2g/0g...might not be suitable for everyone though. Just see how it goes and what feels comfortable!

Did your septum completely shrink down or is it still a bit open?

Did yours close? I stretched my septum to 8g and retired it about 2 and a half years ago. Can still get a 14g through it, I wish it would close.

Quote Originally Posted by captain_of_the_steamboat View Post
    Did yours close? I stretched my septum to 8g and retired it about 2 and a half years ago. Can still get a 14g through it, I wish it would close.
    Why? Mine is the same and I LOVE that!

Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    Why? Mine is the same and I LOVE that!
    Because I never have or will wear any visible jewellery in it. It was self done about 5 years ago and I never told anyone I did it. My ex was slightly confused once when she could see light through the hole.

Does a piercing have to be seen to be enjoyed?
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Does a piercing have to be seen to be enjoyed?
    Nope, not in my case anyways or I'd get done for having my bits out haha
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it while I wore the retainer. The thrill of self piercing is awesome, stretching was fun too. Having it as my little secret was exciting to me. Does that sound weird? Lol.

Nope, but it doesn't explain why you still aren't keeping it if part of the thrill was it was a 'secret' piercing. Your reason was that it won't have visible jewellery in it after all :P
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

at the moment im either wearing a clear plug with no flares of a double flared eyelet, i found that the silicone ones were a pain to get in at larger sizes :/ the cartilage in my nose has been dented and is starting to push my nose out slightly, ohwell thats only just happened though as i got to 10mm :P not sure if its the same for everyone else..

Matt x
    Mods: 38mm lobes, 3mm 2nds?, 6mm septum, 1.6mm both nipples, 1.6mm bellybutton, 1.6mm venoms

Retired:
    Tongue Webbing, Centre Tongue