Thread: Ripped ear when stretching?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ripped ear when stretching?

So, the other day I stretched to 16mm using the taping method. After getting to 16mm, I put in single flare surgical steel tunnels. I was out on Friday and my ears felt fine. A little tender, but I assumed this was because it was a pretty fresh stretch. I stayed at my friends last night and all night my left lobe was hurting but I didn't want to take it out cause I didn't have anything with me to sort it out.

Anyway, got home this morning and took it out to have a look. There was a little bit of blood and translucent fluid coming from one part of my ear. Since then, I've soaked it in sea salt solution and put in a surgical steel tunnel 2mm smaller. Was this the right thing to do? What's best for my ear now? Thanks.

Yep, that sounds like the right thing to do. Keep the sea salt soaks up, and when your ear feels healed and is no longer sore, start doing oil massages regularly. Don't try stretching again for a couple of months, and I'd go slower next time - tape over a period of maybe 3 weeks if you did it in a week before. Or get an in-between sized plug if you think the tape played a part in irritating them.

Alright, thankyou. How should I be doing it, exactly? Normally I take my plugs out when I shower in the morning. Should I do salt soaks and then put the plug back in straight away?

Leave the plugs in for now, treat it as a new piercing - no need to remove jewellery until it's healed and happy. Assuming you have nice, good quality plugs in at the moment!

Thank you for the advice!