Thread: Lip ring help!

Default Lip ring help!

I got spider bites on the bottom of my left lip 4 weeks ago. The one toward the corner is doing fine and its healed already, however the one toward the middle im having troubles with. The inside is swollen still and there is some white stuff around it. It doesn't hurt when the ring hasn't moved in a hour or so, but when the ring does move a little it hurts like crazy! I clean it twice a day with H20 salt water spray from Hot Topic. When I do clean it i make sure that clean the ring and slide it around to get the salt water in the hole. When I do that though I have this odd feeling. As if a piece of hair or a string is inside the hole. What does this mean and how do I fix it???

Well, hot sea salt soaks are more effective than H2Ocean - the heat and soaking really makes a difference. 1/4 teaspoon salt in a mug of hot water, and just stick your lip in that for a while. You also don't need to turn the ring around, and it is possible there is something on the ring that is irritating it when you turn the jewellery.

Rings are also not the best jewellery - labret studs are generally more suitable (barbells/labrets are better for pretty much every piercing on most people). It's still early days but if there's no improvement in a couple of weeks it's definitely worth getting it changed for a labret stud. I'm guessing you'll want to get them both changed so they match though, heh.

I had a similar situation with my lip piercing (I had my spiderbites done separately lol) the second one swelled up mostly on the inside of my lip and i had a nasty indent there quite soon after getting it done, but i used to salt soak and it came good very quickly

I had this same problem for a week!
    I changed what I was cleaning with to hot rock salt water.
    I think the pain when turning was because of lymph around the ring.
    I changed them yesterday to lip bars, maybe you could change them?

Also that "white stuff" needs to be cleaned off. Its lymph, I think, that needs to be removed x

put 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt into a cup of warm water, mix it up then put it in a shot glass and hold it over your piercing for 10 - 15 minutes it really really helps. And LAVENDER OIL i cannot stress it enough, just dip a q tip in and put around your lip ring its a natural healer , my piercers in love with it

Honestly, I would trust salt and warm/hot water more than I would a product you can purchase. At least with the salt/warm water mixture, you know exactly what you're putting in your mouth and using on your piercing. Maybe try switching and see how it fairs.

spraying only cleans the very outside of the piercing and most of the time it literally only moves dirt and bacteria around on the surface of the skin as it doesn't rinse them away.

A soak draws things out of the wound, getting behind the bar and softening any crusties so you don't pull at the healing tissue inside the piercing by removing them. The hot water also reduces swelling, soothes pain and speeds healing

A step by step guide to how to soak can be found here: http://www.bodypoetry.co.uk/lip.aspx and gives full instructions on how to clean and take care of your piercing!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.