Thread: Re-piercing eyebrow

Default Re-piercing eyebrow

Hey everyone,
    I've had my eyebrow pierced for just over a year. I can tell its starting to grow out a little but I don't want to see it go :(
    It isn't growing out to the point where it looks terrible or anything, but its going to get worse and worse obviously the longer I have it.
    Since I still love it, I want to get it re-pierced so I can enjoy it for at least another year lol I'm pretty persistant on it being on the same eyebrow and in the same place.
    Basically my question is......Once I take it out, how long should I wait to get it repierced?
    I'm going on a break from university for a few weeks for the holidays so I was thinking of taking it out soonish and getting it repierced then.... is that too soon?
    thanks guys
    oh and i haven't been on here in a while so if this thread has been done a million times i apologize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

P
    iercings:
    Lobe (Left ear 2.0)
    Helix (Right ear 1.6)
    Scaffold (Left ear 1.6)

I'm wearing a pumpkin outfit made by Debbie

You might find it can't be re-pierced. I had mine done 13 years ago, took it out after a couple of years, left it a year or maybe two and then got it redone, had it in for another year or so and then it started to do exactly what yours is doing now so I took it out as it really did get rather shallow. Many years later (ie earlier this year) I asked if I could get it redone at my piercers and they said no way. You may be different, so you'd be best going to see your piercer and seeing if taking it out now is a good idea. Also some people aren't that suited anatomically to an eyebrow piercing and you may find it just keeps growing out anyway, also make sure the jewellery is appropriate as I'm sure when I was about 18 the first time I shoved a straight bar in (eeep). So my idea is maybe post a pic so we can see and evaluate better or go see your piercer or opt for the other side.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I know someone who had her eyebrow done SEVEN times before giving up

Yikes, can't imagine what the scarring must look like! My piercer totally refused, said it will probably just reject again and cause some not very nice scarring.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

What about slightly to the side either way??
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Maybe a horixontal eyebrow could be a different way to go?They still look pretty cool and I don't think there's much chance you're not anatomically suited as with a regular eyebrow piercing
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Mine rejected many years ago, I went to get it redone. They said they would repierce behind the existing scar tissue to stop it from rejecting but it didn't work and now I have a huge scar and only half an eyebrow!
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

Quote Originally Posted by heifferflump View Post
    Mine rejected many years ago, I went to get it redone. They said they would repierce behind the existing scar tissue to stop it from rejecting but it didn't work and now I have a huge scar and only half an eyebrow!
    Pretty much same with me except the scarring isn't too bad and it didn't affect my eyebrow too much as it migrated but it does still look a bit off lol

What I have always been taught is that scar tissue makes the skin less elastic, less able to stretch and move around a piercing. It also has less of a blood supply than normal tissue so even if you pierced 'behind' the scar tissue it would still imped natural movement needed around the piercing site, put pressure on the piercing (because its denser than the surrounding tissue) and limit the blood flow to the area. This doesn't matter on piercings that aren't in high movement areas but for places like eyebrows and bellys I think it makes quite a difference, hence I always recommend a repiercing for those types of piercings happens through 'fresh' tissue as they have a much better chance of staying!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.