Thread: barbell length with tongue piercing - initial and healed??

Default barbell length with tongue piercing - initial and healed??

i hav esearched but with little success. can someone tell me the usual barbell length for initial and healed tongue piercings?

i have read 19mm for initial, and switched to 12mm once healed.

can someone give their opinions, mayne on what length they had, or for any of the pros on here, what they use.

cheers...

It really depends on the person's anatomy.

Most people need 19-20mm bars but some with small tongues are good with 18mm for initial.

12mm is small for healed tongue piercings, I myself wear 12mm but my tongue is tiny! Most people wear 14mm though your piercer will be able to give you a good sized bar when you go back for your bar change as some people prefer 16mm after the initial bar or if you are still quite swollen!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

As Kuku said, it varies from person to person.
    You can have a tiny tongue but you can be the type of person that swells a lot, but you can also have a big tongue but be the type of person that barely swells.
    Personally, I have a tiny tongue and I barely swell. When I first had my venoms done, my piercer used 22mm bar, no need to say it was waaaaay too long, but I never find that uncomfortable. I could always see a huge part of the bar. I think the best for me would be 20-18mm, because I really barely swell and have a tiny tiny tongue. xD
    As for when it's healed, I don't know what I would have used because I took them out after a few days and I never got to change the bars. But it really depends on what you find it's more comfortable to you, just try out some different sizes until you find one that you think it's good
    I'm sorry about my English, I try my best to make you understand what I mean.

Current:
    4x Ear Lobes (2x @ 10mm); L. Eyebrow; L. Forward Helix; R. Nostril; L. Helix; R. Tragus; Navel; Medusa;

Retired:
    Smiley; 2x Snake Bites; 3x Ear Lobes; 2nd Helix; Lower Navel; Septum; Venoms; Vertical Labret; Bridge;

In years to come:
    Lower Navel (Re-pierced); Venoms (Re-pierced); "Just Breathe" tattoo on ribs;

I think that mine was pierced with a 18 or 16 mm bar. Now it's healed I wear a 12mm one which is still slightly too long but I'm pretty sure most standard sized tongue bars are 14mm.

Mine was pierced at 22mm, downsized 2 weeks later to 18mm, then downsized again a few weeks later and has stayed at 14mm.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I think my initial one was 20mm or 22mm, downsized to 16mm after 2 weeks, then to 14mm which is what I wear all the time now.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue