Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ladybird help!

Default ladybird help!

they keep flying into my room even when ive got a very small tiny gap from the window!!! im sooo effin annoyed with them, how do i kill them? and also, any tips on how to prevent them from coming in? they drive me nuts, ive had 4 in my room already!!

ta!

current - 4x lobes, standard navel & inverse navel
    Ink - lotus flower & hand of fatima on upper back, unalome behind left ear, live in the moment script inner right arm, bauhinia flower dotwork on right wrist, capricorn & snake zodiac signs on left wrist, patience is beautiful in arabic on left inner elbow, wanderlust on right side feet, what goes around comes back around back of right thigh, tibetan script on left ribs

I advise crushing them with a large flat surface as the most effective method of killing them

As common sense may lead us to think, a fine cloth mesh (i.e. net curtain material) or something similar stretched over the window opening will stop them coming in. Unless you are back in HK, this is hardly the season for ladybirds in the UK is it?
    Last edited by TheArctopus; 10-08-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

I sympathise! I was in the park at lunchtime, and got covered in them. At least two went down my back and one has just this minute flown out my trouser leg!
    10mm PA, 5mm septum, baby rook, nostril, loads retired | *gold star*

Yeah I was going to suggest a voile panel or net curtain to stop them. I love how ladybirds look but they freak me out lol especially when they start flying!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

May be of interest: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wil...-invasion.html

From last year, but we could be seeing a repeat.

Aw, please don't kill them. A lot of ladybird species are becoming endangered thanks to the invasion of Harlequin ladybirds.
    Steph
    Have: Lobes x2, navel, left tragus, right helix x2, left conch, spine microdermal x3, sternum microdermal, nipples (horizontal), clan badge variation on left hip, Celtic dragon on left foot.
    Want: Left helix, double nostril, forward helix (both sides), a couple tatts.

Citizens rejoice! Your lord and master stands on high... Playin' track 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    I sympathise! I was in the park at lunchtime, and got covered in them. At least two went down my back and one has just this minute flown out my trouser leg!
    I think I'd cry if that happened to me! Harks back to one going up my sleeve when I was about 4, I utterly freaked!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Koschei View Post
    Aw, please don't kill them. A lot of ladybird species are becoming endangered thanks to the invasion of Harlequin ladybirds.
    Unless you can identify which are which! Killing the Harlequins might do the native species a favour.
    I think it was Harlequins that attacked me. I think they're generally smaller, more orange than red, and have smaller, more numerous spots than the classic native ladybird. These, apparently are all Harlequins...

We had a ladybird nest[?] in my downstairs bathroom when I was little.. They freaked me out!

Stop opening the window?
    Voile panel is probably your best bet.
    Complete with a green straightjacket with circuit boards stuck all over!

Current: 1" lobes, 4g conches, septum, 6g helix, daithy- helix, helix industrial, bridge, 8g both nostrils, one lonely nipple and both cheeks, vert labret an a sternum micro. Forearm branding, calf cutting and a split tongue.
    Retired: Nape, neck and chest micros, nipple, 4g tongue, eyebrow, snakebites. Several lobes, labrets and nostrils. Rook ):
    Next up: moar leg!

And no tattoos D:

tumblr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast