Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stretching ears.. the point of no return.. will my 6mm shrink back if ...............

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post

Plus if your ears cannot stay open for 2 hours they are definitely not healed! The fistula should be stable enough to keep your piercing hole open for a reasonable amount of time as most people with large lobes sleep without plugs in to encourage thickening!
    Umm... I don't mean to be rude but my 2Gs were like that after 2 months, and they felt tight on the jewellery. I had to use a taper to get the jewellery back in after like 10 minutes because i couldn't get a blunt object of that gauge through the back. :/
    Maybe my ears are just weird..
    And sorry for the thread hijack lmao.
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyx View Post
    Umm... I don't mean to be rude but my 2Gs were like that after 2 months, and they felt tight on the jewellery. I had to use a taper to get the jewellery back in after like 10 minutes because i couldn't get a blunt object of that gauge through the back. :/
    Maybe my ears are just weird..
    And sorry for the thread hijack lmao.
    almost plus 1, I could leave them out shower length but they would be tight. Overnight they closed to 4mm

Ah well maybe its not true for everyone then However I was under the impression that most peoples ears managed to stay open just fine after they had fully healed from their stretches.

However shrinking is a bit different from the piercing closing over / skin growing which is what the OP was talking about over so I'll just amend my point to that:P

Thanks for the input though and it wasn't rude at all!
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I left mine for two days with no jewellery from 6mm and they were like 2.4-3mm and my skins not that elasticy

Though I know now, when I first started stretching my lobes stupidly quick;I rushedfrom 0.8mm to 8mm over the space of a few months max(probably less),and mine closed up just fine,never had any problems.I know it seems strange,but sometimes people can stretch quite stupidly and end up with healthy lobes.However,i'm not supporting stretching that way at all.Agreed with everyone else,don't stretch them bigger unless you accept that they may not close up.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by deadrabbits View Post
    & tender maybe not TENDER but idk, it didnt hurt but if i touched it it was tender, but that was straight after doing it!!
    If it was tender when you touched it, then you stretched too soon and have caused damage to your lobe.
    these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Regardless if your ears felt ready or not, you should have waited, to be safe. Example, my right nipple feels completely healed, but I've only had it about three weeks, and I know from common sense and how long piercings normally take to heal that there is no way that it can be completely healed, even though it doesn't hurt anymore, there is no more lymph, is no longer swollen and seems perfectly fine. Appearances can be deceiving, and though something may looked healed and ready to be stretched up again, internally, they are probably not ready. Your ears heal from the outside in, though the outside looked healthy, the inside probably wasn't. And even now, as the outside part of your ears look great and healthy, the internal part is probably very stressed and not healthy.
    Current
    Lobes x4 (3.2mm x2) | Nipple x2
    Want
    Belly button (x4)
    Rook (left) | Conch (left)
    Tragus (right) | Helix x2 (both in right)
    Retired
    Tragus (left)

http://girl-of-roses-hanna.deviantart.com/

i know but my ears donot seem damaged? at all? so i mustnt be damaging them...... if they clearly seem healthy..???

+ many many many many people do it and say it hurts and is painful

MINE DONT HURT.

they CANT be damaged if they dont hurt???
    Last edited by deadrabbits; 10-08-2010 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadrabbits View Post
    i know but my ears donot seem damaged? at all? so i mustnt be damaging them...... if they clearly seem healthy..???

+ many many many many people do it and say it hurts and is painful

MINE DONT HURT.

they CANT be damaged if they dont hurt???
    They can be damaged, even if they don't hurt. My right lobe is damaged due to stretching ignorantly four years ago.

Your fistula should never be tender, never have ridges within the inside, especially at this stage. You''ll find it harder and harder to stretch if you keep doing this, they may not eem damaged now, but if you continue stretching in this way, it will be horribly difficult to stretch, and will cause yourself undue strain.

Just do the right thing, downsize. It might not seem damaged now, but leave it like this and it will become damaged.

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

rjs

Yeah, if they were tender after you stretched them you did it too fast. The fact that they don't hurt *now* just means the damage is done and your body's accommodating it. Still, apparently you know best, so have fun.

Kuku, for what it's worth I've been at 2G for over a year, and while I can leave them out overnight they're tight to get back in the next day and need shower+lube to go back in nicely.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast