Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by danni View Post
    finally took myself to see the doctor and literally broke down and told him just how bad all the stress due to joshs schooling and all the crap they are putting us though. hes given me something called citalopram which he says should make me feel better. i've never been on anything like this before. how does it work? i've been told to take half a tablet for a few days and then switch to full ones.
    It's an SSRI (anti depressant) just like many others like prozac but it's geared more towards stress/anxiety as well. As for how it will work for you it's hard to say as it can affect people differently. You're on a low dose so it may well take a couple of months for you to see any significant changes but it should help you to be less stressed and less affected by the trauma you and Josh are going though. x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

ugh well so far today i've felt exhausted, sick, freezing and now boiling hot!! hoping this doesnt last for long. i've got 20mg tablets and he says it'll take about 2 weeks to be fully in my system before i notice and difference. just got to try and stick with them even tho i feel terrible.
    *Danni*
    Current
    left lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, 2 x helix, conch
    right lobe, 6mm + 2 at 1.6, rook, tragus
    septum, 4mm
    eyebrow, nose, tongue (3.2mm), both nipples, navel, vch,
    cherry blossom leg branding
    Retired
    surface navel, sternum skin diver, 3x wrist MDs

Quote Originally Posted by danni View Post
    ugh well so far today i've felt exhausted, sick, freezing and now boiling hot!! hoping this doesnt last for long. i've got 20mg tablets and he says it'll take about 2 weeks to be fully in my system before i notice and difference. just got to try and stick with them even tho i feel terrible.
    All medicines will have side effects sadly, I remember temp changes and a bit of nausea for the first couple of weeks and a more settled feeling after about 1-2 months where I could tell they were working, I was on 30mg. I'd say if they don't feel like they're helping after a couple of months or the side effects don't start to wear off after a while then pop back in. It took my mum quite some time to adjust to them, she also started having bad dreams, I advised her not to take them at night but to take them in the morning then at night she'd not have them racing round her system.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

The spam on this forum has gotten ridiculous lately!
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    The spam on this forum has gotten ridiculous lately!
    We try our best, deleting 1000's of posts and banning 100's of accounts every week, some do slip through the net. Thanks to those that report it does help us.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    We try our best, deleting 1000's of posts and banning 100's of accounts every week, some do slip through the net. Thanks to those that report it does help us.
    Just re-read my comment and apologise if it came off as me saying the mods are slacking in removing it, I meant the terrible and often unintelligible content of it!
    Saz
    Piercings:

2 sets of lobes at 1.2 and 1 set of 2.4mm on both ears

right ear: + 1 Helix at 1.2mm, Conch

left ear: + 2x Helix and Daith

nose

Planned: Some more ear stuff and hopefully a microdermal or two once I know where I want to put them!

Spikey is my BJS Wife

Don't be dumb, avoid the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Felidae View Post
    Just re-read my comment and apologise if it came off as me saying the mods are slacking in removing it, I meant the terrible and often unintelligible content of it!
    Nooo tis fine haha! If anyone remembers what it was like when the filter wasn't in place it made the forum unusable, it's still like that, it's just that 95% or more of it is caught and then manually removed by the mod team before it shows up to members.

Back on topic I've been feeling much better lately, I did worry a couple of months ago that I may have relapsed into bad habits and unhelpful patterns of thought but it seems I got back on top of it.

My mums ignorance towards me is still painful but I feel I just have to let it go now otherwise it's going to consume me.

I'm about a paper's width away from commiting suicide.
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Quote Originally Posted by kitycatlok View Post
    I'm about a paper's width away from commiting suicide.
    Okay so I'm a few days late, but I hope you didn't. My PM is always open if you need anything.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I haven't seen this before now. Hopefully since she shared this with us, she told someone who was able to be there with her and help her.
    I really hope she's better. :(

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr