Page 51 of 224 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Congrats to everyone! I know it can be really hard sometimes.
    It's been a couple years since I've self harmed which I'm really grateful for. The only thing that's sh*t about it is I only quit because my boyfriend told me he would break up with me if it happened again. It's not the fact he would leave that upsets me (he's really lovely and supportive about everything else), it's the fact that I don't care enough about myself to stop for myself, if that makes any sense. At least I have stopped though, right? Not that the nagging urges don't ever happen..but it's easier to fight them away when I have a reason not to.
    Sorry to cut in like this, but I don't have anyone to talk about the self harming aspect of mental illness. It only upsets Brandon and I don't think my friends take it very seriously.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

It's okay. I didn't think I got the random urge anymore... Sometimes, I get the hugest urge to create something and it really, really gets me on edge if I can't or if I do something that's "not good enough". It doesn't go away and I feel suuuper agitated until I produce something I'm proud of. I've only recently realised that type of urge occurs when I'm feeling really low. So I seem to have replace self harm with creating.

I do, however, still feel the extreme need to tear myself apart if my mood drops right down straight away or if, say, Colin and I argue.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

That's a great outlet, Alex. I know exactly what you mean though. We don't fight very often, and it's almost always over something silly, but I end up feeling so bad about it my instant thought is to, as you said, tear myself apart. I can't even tell him though because I don't want him to feel guilty. I know he never intends to make me feel bad.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I don't self harm anymore, haven't done since I was 18. I have cyclothymia (mild bipolar) and need to rant. I am currently off medication and on a massive downer. I have no motivation and no inspiration. Christmas should be a happy time but for me right now it is stressful, irritating and generally not too nice. I have just moved house and that is also causing me problems with my mental health. I came off my medication 4 months ago for personal and family reasons. I am currently finding every day a struggle and am hating myself for putting my truly amazing boyfriend through it. I am not looking for sympathy or anyone to even acknowledge that I am here but I am looking for a soundboard. My problems are hard to talk about to family and friends and I find that it is easier to post things on here or on other websites for people to either look at or not. Thank you for giving me the time to type this.
    Hi, I'm Zara xx

Piercings
    2 x 16mm Lobes, 2 2.4mm Lobes, Various 1.2mm lobe and helix piercings, 2 Vertical Helix, 1 Tragus, 1 6mm Conch, 1 Outer conch, 1 Antitragus, 1 Medusa, Right and Left Nipple, Left and Right Nostril, 3.2mm Tongue.
    2 Septum piercings and Both Cheeks
    16? Tattoos
    Gallery

Facebook
    Tumblr

Deleted.
    Last edited by soph_17; 01-12-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Scarred_pierced

??? Sophie you ok?

I'm now on 40mg fluoxetine, seems to be doing the trick, I feel a lot calmer and not so angry, it has only been since friday and gradual, two one day, one the next and so on until this coming friday.

Last edited by cooties; 01-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    I'm Cherry *^-^*

Stretched: 20mm ears

Piercings: 1.6mm Cheeks, 2.4mm septum, 1.2mm medusa, 1.6mm conch, 1.2mm tragus, both ears pierced, 1 x microdermals, navel.

Tattoos: Half sleeve 1 session from finished, Angel-ey thing on each atm, Vines down spine, 5 butterflies on back. Daisy on inner thigh. Black heart on nape. Smiley face on knee.

Retired/Rejected: 13 microdermals, 2 surface bars, Monroe, 2 x navel, nostril, 2mm tongue, webbing, labret.

Scarred_pierced

Forget my above post, I'm just as messed up as before. Everything has gone to pot and tablets aren't going to fix it.

Work tonight should be fun.
    Not feeling as paranoid or how I was yesterday, still a lil out of it and vague.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I'm starting to reach the point where I just don't care, however, my work shirt has short sleeves and there's only so much you can lie to people. It's not about it being visible to them, it just feels better to me to do it on my arms. Guess it's not worth it really.
    4 tattoos.

Facebook