Page 50 of 224 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Jordan, similar thing happened to me recently with the notes etc. We cleaned out our cupboard under the stairs and found almost all of my school reports even from year r. I wanted to find them a year ago when I went to see a psychologist, but forget that. I read some of the earlier ones through and it was weird. I don't remember being so socially awkward!

On the same note, two of my housemates were nice enough to tell me why I'm a bit of a social outcast in some cases. I have this awful habit that I'm aware of, of telling random stories and the guys sometimes don't know how to reply. That doesn't explain why people completely ignore the fact that I'm talking sometimes, but I guess it was nice of them to be honest to me, so now I'm aware of it, I can sort it out I'd be really annoyed if that was why the guys last year hated me.

I just don't have much in common with this lot, we like nerdy board/card games, but frankly, that's it. And I don't have any mutual memories with them as out of the entire group, I met 2 before I moved in, the rest all lived in the same halls last year, so I'm a bit of a black sheep.
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Scarred_pierced

Completely breaking down right now, complete and utter panic attack. Going to try and get an appointment with the director of undergraduate studies to consider my options with my degree.

I think I'm heading towards a major "low". The littlest of things are getting me to the point of struggling to not just bawl. Ugh. It always starts this way.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

This thread is a really good idea. I wouldn't even know where to begin when talking about my mental health issues, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

I have biploar disorder, depression, anxiety/severe panic attacks, dermatillomania, trichotillomania... I'm on like 12 prescription medications for health problems, many of which cause weight gain, thus decreasing my self-esteem and making me even more depressed. I've attempted suicide and been institutionalized 3 times. I'm on disability because my issues have made me unable to work, so I don't get out much and hardly ever socialize. I hate when people always judge and assume they know what is going on in someone else's life, cuz they have no idea what someone else may actually be going through.

Anyway, I share so openly because I always hope there is someone who can relate or benefit from knowing they aren't alone. I've suffered with these problems a long time, but I have overcome some of them, slowly but surely. I just have to remember to be stronger than them and not let them beat me.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, for those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter." ~Dr. Seuss

~*~

Piercings:
    Nostril(R), Eyebrow(L), Lip, Snakebites, Tongue, and 5 Ear Lobe (3 R, 2 L).
    Retired: Upper cartilage (R&L), 3rd lobe (L), Navel
    Tattoos:
    Colony of bats on my right inner forearm & a bleeding heart design on my chest.

Wish List:
    Bridge, septum, and snake eyes piercings. Many more tattoos.

Trying quite hard not to resort to my usual way of dealing with stuff atm.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Been 4 months clean of self harm.. so proud of my self..
    Love and be loved.

Well done! I'm currently sitting at 1 year and 2 and a half months "clean"
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Thank you and well done to you too!!
    I was doing really well, about a year and a half clean then I had a break down and had a fit at my arm.. scars are still very prominent but tbh i like the scars.
    Love and be loved.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I think I'm nearly a year 'clean' don't like remembering dates and things ><
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Well done guys that's really fab! It had been several years for me until a couple of months ago but only that 1 incident so I'm not beating myself up over it
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<