Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124174214215216217218219220221222223224
Results 2,231 to 2,237 of 2237

Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Thanks gorgeous Sam, tbh there's not much to say to my waffling posts haha! Thanks for the offer though, it's nice to know <3 xxx
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

At this point, I'm pretty much only staying alive because my family would be upset if I died. I have no future or any other purpose than that. Having to live as this worthless waste of oxygen hurts so much.
    Last edited by ThatPsycho; 03-01-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Had my 2nd psychologist appointment today. Tbh it felt a bit empty, rushed and I'm not sure I got much out of it. It was like he was trying to get me to lead what I wanted to do/talk about and that's one of my issues so...yeah. Then at the end (cut short by 15-20mins) he basically said he thought I "got it" unless I wanted to see him again. I said yes as in our original session we said we had quite a few areas to work on.

Whilst he seems nice I now get the feeling I'm just being rushed off the books.

I see now that this was only ever going to be extremely short term therapy, it seems only those in crisis situations or who suffer anything above depression or those with psychosis get long term help in my town.

It's a shame as I felt talking about my past and upbringing etc was insanely helpful. Maybe I can look into going private. Or just give up on the whole thing and use the knowledge I have now to create coping techniques.

I know pretty much no one reads this section any more but it's nice to share it out. People tend not to talk to me these days or if they do it's short answers and only convos seem perpetuated by me. I'm not calling anyone out on it, it's just the way it is and I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
    12 months on and I am doing better overall but a lot of that has been because I've been so busy. I do think that the whole "distract yourself" thing can work but only for so long.

I'm back at the point where I think some professional therapy could help, but the NHS won't provide it as for reasons mentioned before. I have a deep rooted issue with some people close to me and I feel like I need some guidance or closure but I don't know how to go about it long term. This is where the NHS didn't help, I basically got a diagnosis and a slap on the back to just get over it.

Has anyone in the UK with depression on here had any significant psychological therapy? Like I said, I found out I'd only ever get 3 x 20 min appointments no matter what. 2 was enough for me after the second had my therapist totally uninterested in me or my issues.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I've had CBT for depression and something that was a mix of CBT and DBT. Neither seemed to help! I'd agree with the "just get over it" thing from the NHS. They always seemed to be of the opinion that I should just get some friends and a job and I'd be fine. Turns out I actually have autism so it's no wonder doing those things made me feel worse rather than better!
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

CBT did nothing for me, nor for my husband who has autism. I know it works for some people but it's done sod all for me.

After some research I've discovered that to see an actual psychologist I'd be looking at around 300 p/hr. A counsellor would be more like 50. I did get in touch with one but she messed me around for 3 days so I gave up. Not exactly a great advert for your services is it?

When I went for my autism diagnosis they told me that there's not much point because there's no help for adults anyway, tut! I got messed around by one of the people I went to see, it's really not a good thing to happen when you're already feeling bad. No way I'd be paying that much to see a psychologist, it's shocking!
    Current: Bridge / Left Nostril / Septum / Bottom Lip / Tongue Web / 2 x Mandible / VCH / Triangle / 3 x Helix / 6 x Lobe / Tragus
    Retired: 2 x Tongue Web / 3 x Nipple / Navel / Tragus / 10 x Lobe

Quote Originally Posted by potato-woman View Post
    When I went for my autism diagnosis they told me that there's not much point because there's no help for adults anyway, tut! I got messed around by one of the people I went to see, it's really not a good thing to happen when you're already feeling bad. No way I'd be paying that much to see a psychologist, it's shocking!
    Yeah, many places don't have much if any resources for adults with ASD, a lot don't even have a diagnosis pathway for adults. There's not much support in place here but it's more than nothing.

Fortunately I have a lot of experience with ASD (son, 2 nephews, niece, bro in law) so I help my husband as much as I can.

I know, the price is insane. I think I've exhausted all options at this point. At least my GP is extremely understanding.