Page 223 of 224 FirstFirst ... 123173213214215216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 2237

Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Honestly not sure if I want to go on like this. I've put up with something that's most likely a lifelong condition that has no cure for more than eight years, but do I really want to live the rest of my life stuck with it? I'm not so sure. Don't think I can cope with it for that long. It's just annoying, because I would actually be happy with my life for once if I didn't have this, but of course it has to ruin everything.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Senior Member Piercedprincess84's Avatar

I've had anorexia for 16 years. Also have severe anxiety, major depressive disorder, borderline personality disorder, PTSD , suspected DID and psychosis.
    Last edited by Piercedprincess84; 08-13-2016 at 02:13 AM.
    ❤️ Sarah ❤️
    Pierced x39
    7 in each lobe
    1st hole stretched to 12mm, 2nd hole to 5mm
    Tragus in both ears
    Surface tragus in right
    Helix in right ear
    Helix in left ear
    Daith in right ear
    Industrial in right ear
    Conch in left ear
    Cheeks
    Bridge
    Right eyebrow x2
    left eye brow
    Septum 8g
    Snakebites
    Labret
    Angelbites
    Both nostrils and higher nostrils
    Tattooed x12
    More metal and ink planned!!
    http://Instagram.com/piercedprincess84
    http://facebook.com/piercedprincesssarah

Had a change in meds about 7 weeks ago; a drop from 40mg citalopram to 30mg and it floored me for about 3 weeks very badly. Was fine again for a couple of weeks and I'm back to having issues. Saw a GP registrar (my surgery is a teaching surgery, training people who are fully trained doctors but not yet GPs) recently for another issue and she went over my med change with me. I told her about it and she said she'd been reading my notes with interest.

I've been on 4 different SSRIs and 2 different MAOI and a tricyclic medication for what was termed as treatment-resistant depression but they either don't work, I had major side effects or in the case of one of them it was discontinued in my age group at the time as not suitable for those with suicidal thoughts, self-harm etc. Citalopram seems ok this time around but only just works at it's max dose which brings it's own issues.

This is all in the space of over 20 years, I've had simple counselling and tried CBT, the counselling was ok for a couple of specific issues I was having at the time and the effectiveness of one of those issues is starting up again soon after and CBT did nothing for me.

This GP instantly said referral to a psychologist would be a good idea and was surprised it hadn't been mentioned before. It's so sad that it took someone in training to finally think of this. I'm not saying it's going to work or anyone else was bad for not suggesting it, but it's nice that someone has considered it. I do not have an easy life sometimes and this can compound several mental and physical health issues. I was referred to a psychologist at 17 after having major issues but I didn't give it a chance. I hope this time it will be better, it may take years but I'm willing to give it a go. I've always thought that there are historical issues buried very deep that need to be analysed so here's hoping!

Has anyone had any experiences with long-term psychology they'd like to share?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

I've felt really, really unmotivated the last few days. I kind of feel like I'm just crawling/ pushing through the days with no clear purpose in mind.
    Last edited by MidnightDreamer22; 08-26-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

I feel a bit like I'm drowning in everything.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

I rated moderately high on "histrionic" and very high on "obsessive-compulsive." Had I taken this at a different period of time in my life, I'm sure I would've had much different results. Mental disorders don't always last forever, and it's not always a life sentence. The social stigma against them is so disappointing.

Well after a 6 month wait I got my psychologist appointment.

Was nice to be properly diagnosed in 40 minutes after being misdiagnosed for 20 years.

Seems to be a recurring thing with me and the NHS.

Sigh.

Least we're finally on the right track.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I may be young, but I was even younger when I was diagnosed with bunch of mental disorders. I don't believe any of those were misdiagnoses, since I still show symptoms of those after almost a decade. I do have meds for them, but I'm sure you all know not even the best meds can make everything 'perfect'.

But I do know one thing for sure, and that's things do​ get better.
    Current body mods:

– 0g lobes (first) + 16g second lobes on both and third lobe on right
    – triple forward helix on right
    – inner conch on my right
    – tragus on left
    ‒ one cartilage on my left
    ‒ both nipples

– iris flower on my right ribcage/belly area
    – lyric tattoo on my left ribcage
    ‒ Pisces sign with genderfluid colourations

Getting it done

Planned in the "near" future
    ‒ spiderbites

Planned in the "not-so-near" future

– seraph wings with a heart 'tramp stamp'

Retired

– medusa

Had my 2nd psychologist appointment today. Tbh it felt a bit empty, rushed and I'm not sure I got much out of it. It was like he was trying to get me to lead what I wanted to do/talk about and that's one of my issues so...yeah. Then at the end (cut short by 15-20mins) he basically said he thought I "got it" unless I wanted to see him again. I said yes as in our original session we said we had quite a few areas to work on.

Whilst he seems nice I now get the feeling I'm just being rushed off the books.

I see now that this was only ever going to be extremely short term therapy, it seems only those in crisis situations or who suffer anything above depression or those with psychosis get long term help in my town.

It's a shame as I felt talking about my past and upbringing etc was insanely helpful. Maybe I can look into going private. Or just give up on the whole thing and use the knowledge I have now to create coping techniques.

I know pretty much no one reads this section any more but it's nice to share it out. People tend not to talk to me these days or if they do it's short answers and only convos seem perpetuated by me. I'm not calling anyone out on it, it's just the way it is and I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

I always read, I'm just rubbish with words and can never come up with a helpful response. Without sounding creepy I do think of you a lot and wish there was more I could do to help. You know where I usually am if you ever wanna chat about anything at all, I may be crap with words but if you ever just want to vent, I'll be happy to "listen" - I can always sends lots of virtual squishes, if nothing else. Same goes for anyone else on here <3 xx
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.