Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I feel like a waste of human being.
    I very much doubt that. Anyway, I was reading Confucius, and according to him you can't judge if a person is a success or failure until they are least 40 or 50 - and I don't think you are that old (and you probably need to add at least 10 or 15 years to that figure to allow for modern life expectancy)

I haven't been here long Jester but I genuinely feel for you. It's no fun to feel so low. You may think that, but no one else will but our minds are complexed things that sometimes drive us crazy with how we feel about ourselves. It would be great to have that magic wand to take that feeling away.
    Right ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left ear......2 x lobes, 2 x helix. Left side of nose.
    Retired......3rd piercings on right and left lobe.
    Rejected......navel piercing
    Now the proud owner of both a left and right tragus piercing.
    Left conch.
    Looking forward to some more Neometal and Industrial Strength earrings.

genuinely, if you need to talk to me, I'm only a PM or email away <3
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

I am so tired of feeling empty, bleak, fed up, bored, gloomy and hopeless. There has to be more to life than this...
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    I am so tired of feeling empty, bleak, fed up, bored, gloomy and hopeless. There has to be more to life than this...
    Is there no activity that you could do that takes your fancy? But yes, life has much more to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    Is there no activity that you could do that takes your fancy? But yes, life has much more to offer!
    I suppose I could try to find something. Thanks, hopefully I will find that soon.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

I suppose I could try to find something. Thanks, hopefully I will find that soon.
    You could just pick something at random and see if you like it - if not, just try something different. Some ideas:

- Go to a museum
    - go for a run or walk in the countryside (I find that helps me if I'm feeling low - the combination of fresh air and exercise)
    - Go out for a cycle ride
    - Make something
    - Buy a set oif paints or similar, go somewhere nice, and just try to paint/draw
    - Visit a stately home or ancient ruin (National Trust or English Heritage) - unfortunately some of these are quite expensive for entry. EH places tend to be free more often

Assuming your location is correct, the local tourist board seems to think there are things to do and see http://www.visitlancashire.com/things-to-do

I don't know if it is available in your area, but in Hampshire we have a cheap day pass for the buses that allows you to use any number for a flat fare (I think it costs about 7 here). You could then just plan a day riding round looking at your local area and countryside and visiting anywhere interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by julian View Post
    You could just pick something at random and see if you like it - if not, just try something different. Some ideas:

- Go to a museum
    - go for a run or walk in the countryside (I find that helps me if I'm feeling low - the combination of fresh air and exercise)
    - Go out for a cycle ride
    - Make something
    - Buy a set oif paints or similar, go somewhere nice, and just try to paint/draw
    - Visit a stately home or ancient ruin (National Trust or English Heritage) - unfortunately some of these are quite expensive for entry. EH places tend to be free more often

Assuming your location is correct, the local tourist board seems to think there are things to do and see http://www.visitlancashire.com/things-to-do

I don't know if it is available in your area, but in Hampshire we have a cheap day pass for the buses that allows you to use any number for a flat fare (I think it costs about 7 here). You could then just plan a day riding round looking at your local area and countryside and visiting anywhere interesting.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll try something.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try something.
    And then give an update on your day

I hate this social anxiety I have. It's getting to the point were I can't meet new people and I hate forced conversation. I can't respond with more than "Oh yeah?" "Yeah" and "Really?" most times because I struggle to think of a response to carry the conversation until it's too late, and I can tell people find it awkward.
    Current Piercings:
    Right Ear: 00g lobe (9mm), 14g daith
    Left Ear: 00g (9mm) lobe, 14g conch
    Other: 18g right nostril, 14g/12g septum, 12g horizontal nipples

Retired:
    R.I.P: navel