Thread: The Mental Health Thread

I wanted to make sure that you didn't see my response as making light of a difficult situation. I'm tired and not feeling good at the moment. I used the wrong word and I'm sorry for that.
    I had what some termed rather quaintly as a burn out when I graduated. My final year of university was a nightmare in so many ways. My Doctor suggested I had counselling, which lasted over a year. At first I saw it as a waste of time, not the best way to go into something which was supposed to help, but actually speaking to someone unconnected with my life did help. I fall off the wagon occasionally, this week has been testament to that.
    as I said before, for me it's a control mechanism or eldest child syndrome is probably more accurate.

just to make my week even better, the stress seems to have started my period a week early. How lovely!
    Last edited by CookieMoo; 04-06-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightDreamer22 View Post
    Somehow I think I'm ashamed of going to a professional, which is even more ridiculous. The "stigma" that's associated with that sort of thing shouldn't exist, and when you need help you should simply go get it. Why can't my brain understand that? -_- I think it's also a matter of "No, your problem isn't serious enough, self"
    I can relate to that in some ways but I hope you can reach a point to see that it's something you deserve help with. If you have no one directly to speak to then you can always vent here. <3
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Somehow I think I'm ashamed of going to a professional, which is even more ridiculous. The "stigma" that's associated with that sort of thing shouldn't exist, and when you need help you should simply go get it. Why can't my brain understand that? -_- I think it's also a matter of "No, your problem isn't serious enough, self"
    This is something i too can relate to. I didn't want to admit i had a problem; didn't want to admit that i'd been in a depressive state for a good few YEARS and just plodding along with anxiety issues building on top etc... I didn't want people to see me as weak! It was one day it just clicked though. I was no longer able to leave the house without feeling physically sick and faint, would get nervous, sweaty, you name it! I was put on meds + psychological help and now i am getting back to the person i was all those years ago. I can now leave the house and go places. Hell, i would NEVER had been able to get my nipple or VCH done a good few months ago!

In a long winded way I am trying to say that I can understand the angle that you're seeing it from but it'll be the best thing you do. You just need that wee switch to go on in your mind
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

Thanks, everyone It's good to know that I'm not massively overreacting!
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Thanks, everyone It's good to know that I'm not massively overreacting!
    Of course you're not darling, always look after yourself <3
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

So long, eyelashes
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

^ I can sympathise, I'm getting really bad with my lip picking again at the moment :(
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter

Senior Member MidnightDreamer22's Avatar

More starving myself! Yaaaaay.
    Hey there! I'm Niki!
    Piercings
    Left ear: 2x standard lobe, inner conch Right ear: 2x standard lobe, tragus, double helix Other: left nostril, septum

RIP: right nostril, navel

Tattoos
    2,5 hours of work (right rib piece and waist/ hip lettering)

Want: industrial, daith, philtrum, sooo many tattoos
    Tumblr // Instagram

Senior Member beautiful-disaster's Avatar

Aw hun, with there was something we could do. I wonder if seeing psychologist would help you?

I have my psychology sessions coming up soon. Hopefully they will find out what is the route of my depression and anxiety.
    What I have
    Left ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , daith , conch
    Right ear: 18mm lobe , 1.6mm lobe , tragus , scaffold , rook
    monroe
    tongue
    right nipple
    VCH
    Septum

an abundance of Inkies

Contemplating..

double nostrils, nipple (L), orbital, cleavage MD's, christina

call me Manda
    ^3^

I am going to fail uni

I cannot fail.

oh.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN