Thread: The Mental Health Thread

I'm starting to notice subtle signs of depression.

I want to cry when I'm in my uni house - and I cried randomly the other day because I saw a car that looked like my dads (identical apart from number plates)
    I want to go home
    I don't want to eat/want to eat loads
    I can't sleep and when I do I have nightmares.
    I feel very introverted atm and I only want certain people around me

sigh.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Well I'm back on meds. I know it's for the best but why is my brain telling me this is defeat?
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Just caught myself with a pinchful of eyelashes and felt to find a bald eye lid- I don't know I am doing it until it's too late, sounds hard to believe but I have had trichotillomania for 10 years. Nice one Grace, back to square one with my left eye.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

I have a panic attack in my chest waiting to go pop. I have made chamomile tea. How else do i stop it? I'm scaredy scared.

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by CenturyChild View Post
    Just caught myself with a pinchful of eyelashes and felt to find a bald eye lid- I don't know I am doing it until it's too late, sounds hard to believe but I have had trichotillomania for 10 years. Nice one Grace, back to square one with my left eye.
    I empathise, I've had it since I was about 12, was doing really well with it until a couple of weeks ago.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

What's the skin picking one called? I think I may have that, I have a thing about picking at any unusual or not-meant-to-be-there lumps or things that feel odd, on my own skin as well as other people's and I end up picking at them to the extent that they end up in quite big scabs. Often I realise I'm doing it and I know I should stop, but I can't help myself. Ingrown hairs, moles, pimples, scabs, general lumps and bumps all get the squeeze and pick methods, sometimes if I feel it's not out yet I'll get a needle or something sharp and poke around until it's out or it bleeds too much, in which case I'll stop and let it heal enough until I can see it and start all over again.
    It could be normal but something is telling me it's not
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

There's various names depending on type and diagnosis. CSP (Compulsive Skin Picking), Dermatillomania or Excoriation Disorder.

If you're causing skin tissue damage or it's having another physical or psychological effect on you then you may wish to seek treatment.

It's something I've battled with for a long time now, I have it under control for the most part but will lapse now and then.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

im so done with crying all the time. i hate it.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    There's various names depending on type and diagnosis. CSP (Compulsive Skin Picking), Dermatillomania or Excoriation Disorder.

If you're causing skin tissue damage or it's having another physical or psychological effect on you then you may wish to seek treatment.

It's something I've battled with for a long time now, I have it under control for the most part but will lapse now and then.
    I think I must have some sort of skin picking disorder as well. Whenever I get stressed/upset I pick my lips until they bleed, then if I'm really bad I pick all the skin around my nails until they bleed and then I pick all of my nails :/
    I go through phases of managing to stop but it requires so much lip balm/hand cream/willpower and it's pointless because I always end up starting again.
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by marthamagic View Post
    I think I must have some sort of skin picking disorder as well. Whenever I get stressed/upset I pick my lips until they bleed, then if I'm really bad I pick all the skin around my nails until they bleed and then I pick all of my nails :/
    I go through phases of managing to stop but it requires so much lip balm/hand cream/willpower and it's pointless because I always end up starting again.
    They can often go hand in hand. I can empathise, I assume you get/have had support for it?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<