Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Bedtime is the worst. I'm fine, I'm fine, then the minute I'm left alone in the dark in ny own head I'm not.

Remember that thing that person did that upset you?
    Remember how angry and hurt you are by that situation?
    Remember how you screwed up that one time?

And on it goes, until I'm miserable and want to cry and shout or eventually fall asleep several hours later (only to be woke up hours later by nightmares).

Sigh
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

*hugs Jester* I know how that feels, that's exactly what goes through my head on bad nights, I want to cry and scream and hit things until someone hugs me, but if someone asks "I'm fine"
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Have: Left ear lobe 3x16g, Right ear lobe 3x16g,
    Right nostril x1, Belly, Both Nipples
    Want: Both ears - Triple Conch,
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Retired: Central Labret, Septum
    Tattoos:
    Have: Paw on left wrist with snowflake & dog's name & yob-yod underneath
    Phoenix on left forearm & Universe Horse right thigh piece
    Future: Top/rest of sleeve - to be designed

I've been like that every night this week. I live with my boyfriend, who hugs me and supports me but I just want to close my eyes, have my mind turn off abd sleep. It's exhausting.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Sorry to hear it, but good that your boyfriend supports you, I hope you feel better soon
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Tattoos:

Long and boring rant, sorry.

I had been on Citalopram for over a year and hated it. I felt numb, no sex drive at all, I barely slept and I was so dehydrated. I had dry hair for the first time ever and normally it was so greasy you could cook chips on it. My eyes were so dry and my skin was so dry I had patches of dermatitis everywhere.
    My vision was affected as well.
    After asking for a year to switch to another anti depressant a GP finally let me try Sertraline and all the horrid side effects from Citalopram went away.
    I then moved house and found it very hard to find a GP surgery in my new area that had appointment times I could make. One surgery I was pretty much laughed out of the building when I asked if they did any early/lates or weekends.
    I thought it best to take half a tablet a day from my remaining few to ease the withdrawal and for the next month I felt good, free, genuinely happy and I thought everything might be ok.

Then the next month everything went worse. I suffer from PMDD (basically PMT but for half a month, suicidal/murderous thoughts and non stop rage, being incapable of going to work without sobbing, truly hideous period pains etc) and have combined the pill with anti depressants.

After pretty much begging at another surgery I managed to join, had to wait a week and then by fluke got an appointment, got Sertraline again and thought all was well.

But this time I'm getting many of the side effects of the Citalopram even though I am on Sertraline.

Is this normal?

Setraline the first time round had me sleeping like a baby (and I hadn't been able to sleep on Citalopram for over a year, it took me hours to fall asleep and then I woke a lot in the night) and now I can't sleep again, I think I average 3 hours a night. I get anxiety attacks and obsessional thoughts. My skin and eyes are getting dry (but not my hair, that seems to be even greasier than before?!)

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sorry for the rant, life can just be so bloody hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkholme View Post

I had been on Citalopram for over a year and hated it. I felt numb, no sex drive at all, I barely slept and I was so dehydrated. I had dry hair for the first time ever and normally it was so greasy you could cook chips on it. My eyes were so dry and my skin was so dry I had patches of dermatitis everywhere.
    After asking for a year to switch to another anti depressant a GP finally let me try Sertraline and all the horrid side effects from Citalopram went away.
    I then moved house and found it very hard to find a GP surgery in my new area that had appointment times I could make. One surgery I was pretty much laughed out of the building when I asked if they did any early/lates or weekends.
    I thought it best to take half a tablet a day from my remaining few to ease the withdrawal and for the next month I felt good, free, genuinely happy and I thought everything might be ok.

Then the next month everything went worse. I suffer from PMDD (basically PMT but for half a month, suicidal/murderous thoughts and non stop rage, being incapable of going to work without sobbing, truly hideous period pains etc) and have combined the pill with anti depressants.

After pretty much begging at another surgery I managed to join, had to wait a week and then by fluke got an appointment, got Sertraline again and thought all was well.

But this time I'm getting many of the side effects of the Citalopram even though I am on Sertraline.

Is this normal?

Setraline the first time round had me sleeping like a baby (and I hadn't been able to sleep on Citalopram for over a year, it took me hours to fall asleep and then I woke a lot in the night) and now I can't sleep again, I think I average 3 hours a night. I get anxiety attacks and obsessional thoughts. My skin and eyes are getting dry (but not my hair, that seems to be even greasier than before?!)

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

It can take months to settle on a new med, you may need to give it time, have a different dose, try another med etc. Only your GP can help you, keep going back until they get it right. Hope you can find a solution that suits you soon!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Darkholme View Post

Is this normal?

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I, too, am a PMDD sufferer (although I only get the mental problems; I pretty much have painless periods, or mild stomach ache at worst), so I can feel your anguish. You say you're combining the pill wigth anti-depressants, but have you tried other forms of contraception to see their effect? I was on hormone tablets to treat my PMDD initially (I opted to not have anti-depressants), which I switched to contraception after a couple of years (I was diagnosed at about 14). I've found the depo (for me) pretty much sorts out the problem, bar a few days in week 10 when I get a couple of nights of crazy. The implant was more problematic and, while not giving me the full blown PMDD symptoms, did give me PMT-ish symptoms for weeks at a time (as well as bleeding).

I'm sure this is all stuff that you've considered/experimented with, I guess I just felt like sharing my own experiences? In regards to how your body is responding, I know that with medication I take (nothing to do with PMDD, but other conditions) that one 'run' can be fine for years, then I'll take a break or try something else, switch back to what I was on and I do find I get new symptoms. So I wouldn't worry (as frustrating as it is); it may just be your body adjusting and things may return to 'normal' for you after a while. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

I hate working in a hospital who's majority of day surgery procedures are TOPs sets me off on a miserable day dream every time someone comes to the front desk to pay, ask how much, or general inquiry about it. The girl is usually young and looks super sorry for herself and the guy who is often quite a lot older does all the talking, and I wish I was allowed to refuse but I don't know the circumstances and it's not my place to say. The week before AF is due is the hardest and most emotional, and I wish so much that I could change the way I feel about it. Even after having one myself I feel like there's no good reason to get it done and they should live with their mistakes unless there's something seriously wrong with it, but at the same time I feel so sad for them because often it seems like it's not even their choice. Then there are the ladies who act like it's nothing, who I despise because it's a big deal, you should feel horrible about yourselves. And I will probably get shot down for feeling like that but I can't help it. It makes me feel like shit and relive every second of the recovery, and I hate myself for it.
    Mikayla
    ​Piercings:
    Rook, Tragus, 3x Helix,
    Tattoos:

I was so, so happy six months ago. Everything was brilliant. What's happened?

I don't particularly enjoy my course. I'm not allowed to mention that I'm doing well in it without being berated. All my friends have moved far away. I am lonely and sad and despondent and burnt out.

And don't get me started on my family. I am so angry, with all of them, and there's nothing I can do.

Bleh.

I want this chapter of my life to be over. I'm starting to forget what happiness feels like.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

i'm starting to feel like I don't really belong anywhere again....

I wish we had a week between exams and the first week of uni just so I can gather myself but there isn't, I get 3 days. I just need a week of nothing and I'm not going to have that until may at the earliest.

I want some time out.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN