Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IckleNatStar View Post
    I don't think I'd even know what to say Hazel
    Just ramble whatever you feel at the time, maybe do it in stages, or bullet point it, make a list of feelings.

Might help just to unload?
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm really sorry to hear that you guys are feeling so down at the moment. =( It sounds absolutely awful and I really hope things improve for you soon!

Hazel, I'm really glad to hear that your boyfriend is being really supportive. (I know that being supportive to your partner should go without saying, but I've had less than supportive boyfriends before and one of my friends is currently dealing with depression and her boyfriend just telling her to 'get over it').

Nat, as Hazel said bullet points may help? I've found that writing things down (even if I don't end up sending it to anyone) can help me sort things out in my head. Not in a 'I suddenly get better' way, but just they can help me realise what the problems are.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I'm really sorry to hear that you guys are feeling so down at the moment. =( It sounds absolutely awful and I really hope things improve for you soon!

Hazel, I'm really glad to hear that your boyfriend is being really supportive. (I know that being supportive to your partner should go without saying, but I've had less than supportive boyfriends before and one of my friends is currently dealing with depression and her boyfriend just telling her to 'get over it').

Nat, as Hazel said bullet points may help? I've found that writing things down (even if I don't end up sending it to anyone) can help me sort things out in my head. Not in a 'I suddenly get better' way, but just they can help me realise what the problems are.
    Thanks yeah my ex of 12 years never really understood my depression and whilst he could sometimes show sympathy he very often took advantage of the situation and my illness to manipulate me in very sneaky ways.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm really drunk right now, but I'm currently thinking that maybe hating myself is stupid? I can't exactly change who I am and I've hardly turned out badly, so maybe I could learn to accept myself for who I am and be happy with myself for once?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    I'm really drunk right now, but I'm currently thinking that maybe hating myself is stupid? I can't exactly change who I am and I've hardly turned out badly, so maybe I could learn to accept myself for who I am and be happy with myself for once?
    Drunk you knows what she's talking about
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Quote Originally Posted by IckleNatStar View Post
    Drunk you knows what she's talking about
    Aww, thanks.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Drunk you has got it. I hope you can retain this feeling in the morning. =)
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Drunk you has got it. I hope you can retain this feeling in the morning. =)
    Thanks, I hope so too.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Agree with the ladies above. It may be an idea to type up/print/draw the following and hang it above your bed/desk:

"Hating myself is stupid, I can't change who I am. I have turned out well so I will learn to accept and be happy with myself whenever I can"

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Agree with the ladies above. It may be an idea to type up/print/draw the following and hang it above your bed/desk:

"Hating myself is stupid, I can't change who I am. I have turned out well so I will learn to accept and be happy with myself whenever I can"

Thanks, that's a good idea.