Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Senior Member misstress_malice_mizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I'm starting to realise how much travel has done for me. When I was talking to my friend from home he was telling me how proud he was of me and that if someone had told him a year ago that he would be sitting in Bangkok with me he wouldn't have believed them. One of his friends has just started a similar route to me and he was telling me how he'd told him he was scared and his response was 'why? Alyssas not scared' and it's true, I'm not anymore. Like today I hopped on a plane to cambodia, sorted a visa, didn't panic when the hostel said they'd been overbooked and only has me down for one day not 3 then I went straight out and pottered round before heading up to the bar where I've sat talking to a few people for the night.
    Complete turnaround to 2 months ago when I didn't want to leave the house in case I saw somebody I knew and avoided all social situations.
    i still have a few issues with people as I'm still completely socially awkward but my confidence had grown so much and I'm not as worried about what others think of me anymore. Makes me kinda sad to know I'm going home in a month.
    Reading this made me feel super happy for you.

uugh there are times when I genuinely think life would be so much easier if I didn't have a heart. There's part of me that thinks I should go to the doctors and speak to them cause my emotions feel really unstable at the moment and have been for the past few weeks and I keep wanting to turn back to old habits, so far I've been managing to resist but I genuinely don't know how much longer I can. I hate feeling like this and I honestly can't remember the last time I felt genuinely happy like I seem to go from being really sad to irrationally angry to just nothing.
    http://maliceinunderderland.tumblr.com/ (nsfw)
    1.2mm lobes, 1.6mm septum
    retired nostril piercing
    two tattoos
    wish list as long as my arm
    available on
    facebook
    tumblr

it's almost as if the last few weeks have been me going up the big hill on the pepsi max and now i'm on my way back to earth.

i really didn't realise how much you'd messed me up until now lol.
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

-deleted-
    Last edited by wallflower; 11-18-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I don't know how much longer I can fight this for. I'm mentally tired.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Today has been shit.

I just want a hug from my mum/dad and my mood to stop being in free fall.

I hate being me sometimes.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Can someone please explain "self care" to me because I really don't get it. Like I understand that I need to try and look after myself otherwise I'm not gonna get anywhere but I know the things I need to do, aware of my negative behaviour/thought patterns etc but if it was as easy as doing or not doing certain things then there wouldn't actually be a problem
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

I'm scared my nanas going to die. I really can't talk about this to anyone else, expect perhaps my girlfriend and even then I don't really want to bring it up a lot, so it's going here.

She's had cancer before and this is her fourth time and doctors don't know if it's a secondary cancer yet... and I'm just so scared that I'm going to be getting a phonecall soon saying she has x many months to live and she just cant do that. I'm not supposed to know she's sick but she found out the night me and mum saw Gerard Way and my uncle rang my mum to tell her and because I was in the room I had to be told.

It also doesn't help that another family member I'm close to has got the exact same cancer as nana and she's been in hospital for a few days because her blood count was too low and I'm scared that something is going to happen to her too.

And my flatmate knows that my nana is sick and we were watching Dr G and this woman had cancer and then she was giving it the whole 'Dr Christian said that 50% of people with cancer survive it isn't that amazing' and when I was like 'yeah but my granddad died of it' (AKA this is sensitive so please stop talking) she kept on going and being like 'I think it's amazing because in like 200 years people'll look back and wont believe it could be fatal and 50% is a good survival rate' and she just didn't GET to shut up. Like sometimes just be quiet. Please. You talk ALL THE TIME can you not just shut up this once?

because you've just implied to me that one of two people who I love are going to die and that my nana has beaten the odds too many times so... yeah.

I don't want her to die, I want her to see me graduate and I'm sat here crying because I don't want to dwell on it but I cant help it. I'm just so scared and nobody seems to be making it better.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

My ocd has been a bit out of control for the last week but I've got it back under control now.
    Piercings (some retired) - Septum, nose, double eyebrow, left tragus, left nipple, lip, rook, left lobe and multiple cartalidge.
    - Tattoo of a fantasy style sword on my calf
    - Raven perched on pocket watch tattoo on my right arm
    - Evil skeletal jester on the other calf
    Here's to love, the sickness
    The great martyr of the soul
    Here's to life, the vice
    The great herald of misery

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    I'm scared my nanas going to die. I really can't talk about this to anyone else, expect perhaps my girlfriend and even then I don't really want to bring it up a lot, so it's going here.

She's had cancer before and this is her fourth time and doctors don't know if it's a secondary cancer yet... and I'm just so scared that I'm going to be getting a phonecall soon saying she has x many months to live and she just cant do that. I'm not supposed to know she's sick but she found out the night me and mum saw Gerard Way and my uncle rang my mum to tell her and because I was in the room I had to be told.

It also doesn't help that another family member I'm close to has got the exact same cancer as nana and she's been in hospital for a few days because her blood count was too low and I'm scared that something is going to happen to her too.

And my flatmate knows that my nana is sick and we were watching Dr G and this woman had cancer and then she was giving it the whole 'Dr Christian said that 50% of people with cancer survive it isn't that amazing' and when I was like 'yeah but my granddad died of it' (AKA this is sensitive so please stop talking) she kept on going and being like 'I think it's amazing because in like 200 years people'll look back and wont believe it could be fatal and 50% is a good survival rate' and she just didn't GET to shut up. Like sometimes just be quiet. Please. You talk ALL THE TIME can you not just shut up this once?

because you've just implied to me that one of two people who I love are going to die and that my nana has beaten the odds too many times so... yeah.

I don't want her to die, I want her to see me graduate and I'm sat here crying because I don't want to dwell on it but I cant help it. I'm just so scared and nobody seems to be making it better.
    50%? Good survival rate?

Tell that to my mother who likely won't make her next birthday!
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

ikr! I know it's better than what it was years ago but I still wouldn't class it as 'good'.

I had a full on slightly weepy moment to my girlfriend and I feel a million times better about it, and I just started crying in the shower. I know it's not really helpful and isn't doing anything but it's making me feel better about this whole situation and that's the main thing.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN