Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I'd say give it another week and if it's still not having an effect go see your GP, there may be something else they can put you on xx
    i was originally put on a tiny dosage (10mg) that did absolutely nothing but now i'm on 40mg where it occasionally helps me. i think i will leave it for a week, thanks for your advice x
    look at the wonderful mess that we made.

blog

left: lobe
    right: lobe, conch, helix
    want:​ snug, tragus and daith!

Quote Originally Posted by mindthegap View Post
    i was originally put on a tiny dosage (10mg) that did absolutely nothing but now i'm on 40mg where it occasionally helps me. i think i will leave it for a week, thanks for your advice x
    No problem, I hope you can find a solution hun x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

nevermind
    Last edited by wallflower; 03-09-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

I'm starting to scare myself again...
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Blehh been feeling really crappy lately. No motivation. Crappy moods. Left college at lunch today cause I just couldn't face the afternoon.

BLEH I SAY, BLEH.
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Recently every single person in my life I care about, every friend, family member, boyfriend, flatmates are feeling miserable and depressed and having problems and I'm kind of having trouble coping. On top of my own mental issues, I'm worrying about everyone else. I feel pretty helpless and weak. Best friend's mom has cancer, roommate's grandmother is pretty much dying. No idea how to act.
    Oh and my flatmate was physically attacked the other day since we obviously live in a ghetto and I don't feel safe anywhere.
    The BF is pretty depressed and I'm just so paranoid and keep calling him all the time to make sure he's alive. He says I'm overreacting but yeah...can't help it.
    I have nightmares.

I just needed to say that to someone as I don't really want to make things worse for other people around...The bad things just keep piling up these days and I just don't understand anything. I missed 2 days of uni just to stay at home. Oh and I haven't visited my parents in months since I get even more depressed there. Probably really selfish of me.

Right now I'm alone at home since everybody went to their parents for the weekend and I'm supposed to go to my boyfriend's gig and I'm supposed to have a good time but I only feel a horrible void. Probably best not to drink at all today so I don't make things even worse in my head. No idea how I'll get there since I'm afraid of going out alone at night.
    And my cat is missing, probably died since he's already chronically ill.

I can't even cry anymore, I wish I could.
    Ugh

Sorry for the rant, I just can't complain anywhere else.
    It's gonna pass eventually...it's like a mass of negative energy everywhere.
    Strange how you can sit around with a group of people, in silence, acknowlege the miserableness and just...laugh about it. At least nobody feels alone in it?

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

I'm attempting to book myself in for a doctors appointment tomorrow morning.

I'm not healthy, I went to bed at about 8 am today to get up at 12.30 and I feel rested, and I had to be talked down from buying a lawnmower (I don't even have a lawn o.O) when I went to Tesco at 4am... and I bought Mario Kart 7 on a whim, knowing I couldn't strictly afford it. And I've barely been eating either. But I don't feel hungry at all (though I am slightly ill with a cold so that might explain it)

I was talking to one of my friends at uni and he's got cyclothymia/mild bipolar and he reckons that I could have something similar, especially as our patterns of behaviour are really similar and if that was true it'd explain a LOT.

Basically, I'm going to the doctors because I'm a little bit scared that I might be making the decision to switch universities while not in the best frame of mind (although I do think changing would be worth it) and if that's the case, I want to do a damage limitation job before this gets irreversible =/
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

I feel like I'm close to breaking point. I don't really know how to deal with my friends illness anymore, I'm trying to prepare myself that she probably won't be around much longer but that seems to be conflicting with what her family believe. And my brother has relapsed again and is threatening suicide and he's not even in the same city right now, I just feel so helpless :(
    Stabbings I still have
    Right ear
    : 2 x helix, conch & rook
    Left ear: helix, conch & tragus
    Tongue web, nostril, septum
    Triangle, VCH & 2 x outers

^ Massive hugs, I'm always here if you need a chat.

Feeling very low at the moment. I don't know if it's because my teeth operation is on friday or if it's because I've had a lot going on lately but I just feel like...I dont see any happiness. I dunno it's really weird to explain, I just feel very blank at the minute.
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by polythene_girl View Post
    I feel like I'm close to breaking point. I don't really know how to deal with my friends illness anymore, I'm trying to prepare myself that she probably won't be around much longer but that seems to be conflicting with what her family believe. And my brother has relapsed again and is threatening suicide and he's not even in the same city right now, I just feel so helpless :(
    Oh hun :(

Are you able to get some professional support as it sounds like you're going through a lot at the moment? I am always here if you want to talk to me xxx
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<