Thread: The Mental Health Thread

true dat :3
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    how do I kindly explain to my housemates (and everyone) that I don't want facebook back because it's a major trigger to me??

I.e. I don't want to know what is going on in everybodies lives all of the time because it started to depress me - and has triggered me in the past.

Everyone keeps telling me they're going to make me one - and that they're not going to let me delete it and why would I even want to delete it?? Um, because, honestly, it hurt me and when I'm just starting to feel better and I'm just about clearing this hurdle I don't want to be back at square one. I know I can control what I see on it but I'm happier just not knowing and not being part of it.

Idk. I just don't know. I can't wait for my counselling to start just so I can talk everything out with somebody.
    If they don't respond to your kind requests then tell them to leave it the f**k alone.

I dunno, if they're not being nice to you then don't be nice back. Simple.

And as above, they can't force you to use it...
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I dunno, if they're not being nice to you then don't be nice back. Simple.
    need to get that tattooed on my forehead tbh :S

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    need to get that tattooed on my forehead tbh :S
    Took me years to realise it, don't worry!

I've just got to the point where I don't take any shit now. If someone is nasty to me or messes me about then they're either out of my life or I will tolerate them from a distance of my choosing.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

yep need to take that one on board :')

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    If someone is nasty to me or messes me about then they're either out of my life or I will tolerate them from a distance of my choosing.
    This made me chuckle,.. it's exactly how I am now Sometimes toleration is needed for the sake of larger friendships and social gatherings, but that's where it stops.

With me it really has gone back to basics,.. treat others how you would like/expect to be treated. If they're being utter shits to me I refuse to stoop to their level and just cut them out! Been working really well

I'd rather have very few friends than horrible ones that only think about themselves.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Quote Originally Posted by ~Nox~ View Post
    This made me chuckle,.. it's exactly how I am now Sometimes toleration is needed for the sake of larger friendships and social gatherings, but that's where it stops.

With me it really has gone back to basics,.. treat others how you would like/expect to be treated. If they're being utter shits to me I refuse to stoop to their level and just cut them out! Been working really well

I'd rather have very few friends than horrible ones that only think about themselves.
    Agreed for the sake of a very few people in my life I will tolerate them but it doesn't mean by any stretch of the imagination that I like them.

I have 1 local friend who I have time for but wouldn't put my life/plans on hold for but she's nice enough and that's it. All my others are LD or online.

I really need to ring the doctors, I think i need my meds looking at. Stressful work has led to a very unhappy brain. But I just cant pick up the phone.. :(

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

I wrote down everything that I was feeling and also had a really big heart to heart with my best friend.

We kinda came to the conclusion that this isn't normal. This isn't even good anymore >.<

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

I've been kind of having a melt down the past couple of weeks (as some of my posts may have demonstrated), and today I kind of admitted it and have been to the doctors. She was really good. Switched my medication a bit, had a good talk. But she has signed me off work and I'm not 100% how I feel on that. I have Uni and stuff still, but I work 30+ hours a week too. How do I go from that to not working? Isn't that worse for my mental health?? I know I need a break from it but I'm scared out my skin, my problem has been made worse by work, but not going for a whole 4 weeks??

I think I need a plan, I'm going to try and up the gym (I go 3 times a week right now) to give me a bit more purpose. But other than that I'm not sure.. Study yeah. Finish the bathroom tiling like I have been trying to do for 6 months..?

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.