Thread: The Mental Health Thread

^ thats brilliant, Thanks!

#14 is pretty much the conversation we had last night. 'Why dont you talk to me?' tries to 'You just need to grow up and get over it'

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    This might help, especially if you have someone who is unlikely to read an article
    they actually just made me cry :3
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

Or this. <3 This one.

Also this if someone will read an article, ok it's harsh but true!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I found them very touching, I was personally especially fond of 13 and 17, I really liked the way 17 shows other people's ignorance as it keeps getting worse (and contributing to it in my interpretation)
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Has anyone had cognitive behavioral therapy for anxiety? My doctor has given me a number to ring to arrange an appointment for some long term help for me, I just wondered if anyone here has done it and how much it helps?
    Georgie
    Stretched ears, 9 piercings, 2 tattoos.
    facebook

tumblr
    portfolio

nosce te ipsum.

Not for anxiety, no. I did receive CBT for years for other things, though. It didn't do a thing to help me and it took the professionals years to admit that I was just not benefiting from it. Everyone is different though. For most people, it works.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Ah okay, thanks I think I'll definitely try it though, like you said everyone's different!
    Georgie
    Stretched ears, 9 piercings, 2 tattoos.
    facebook

tumblr
    portfolio

nosce te ipsum.

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    Or this. <3 This one.

Also this if someone will read an article, ok it's harsh but true!
    I <3 Allie Brosh! Don't know how long you've been reading Hyperbole and a Half, but I remember when she wrote that "Adventures in Depression" post and then disappeared off the face of the earth for about a year and a half and everyone was so worried about her and then she finally wrote something and I celebrated
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_2711 View Post
    I <3 Allie Brosh! Don't know how long you've been reading Hyperbole and a Half, but I remember when she wrote that "Adventures in Depression" post and then disappeared off the face of the earth for about a year and a half and everyone was so worried about her and then she finally wrote something and I celebrated
    Yeah I remember that, good to see her back working.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    This might help, especially if you have someone who is unlikely to read an article
    Okay, so #4 is definitely applying to me right now. WHY can't I just shake things off like normal people? Darn you, guilt complex
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'