Microdermal behind right ear
    Right Transverse Lobe

Septum - first facial piercing!

Ink
    Left wrist treble clef
    Right ankle paw prints

Left full thigh piece

Wants!
    Full back piece (drawn, waiting to reach goal weight)
    Eyes, right forearm
    Anti tragus
    Helix spiral
    Daith

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Some people can be downright cruel in their assumptions about mental health, as with Ev my inbox is always open on here/fb if you need to chat x
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Tried to explain to someone close how i was feeling. They told me to grow up and get over it. If only it were that easy
    I'm ever so sorry to hear this, I had the same many years ago from my mum, fortunately she understands now but at the time it was heartbreaking.

Always here if you want to talk x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    I'm ever so sorry to hear this, I had the same many years ago from my mum, fortunately she understands now but at the time it was heartbreaking.
    This, but my sister and brother. My sister understands now - this was back when I was 11/12 and she was just 15/16. My brother's still a twat. He has a habit of, after hospitalisations, coming to visit me and telling me to buck up my ideas and behave myself.

Like the others have said, there are lots of people here if you want to talk. Try to let their words go over your head.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    This, but my sister and brother. My sister understands now -.
    How did you help them to understand? Id like them to if i could.

I remember seeing a while ago an article that looked at the differences in the brains between 2 people,. I cannot remember what it was at all or even if im thinking of the right thing but maybe something like that would help? Show them that its not as simple as 'getting over it'? I dunno, im probably thinking of something completely different!

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    Thanks guys

How did you help them to understand? Id like them to if i could.

I remember seeing a while ago an article that looked at the differences in the brains between 2 people,. I cannot remember what it was at all or even if im thinking of the right thing but maybe something like that would help? Show them that its not as simple as 'getting over it'? I dunno, im probably thinking of something completely different!
    My mum ended up with MH problems herself and then on medication so she hadn't got much choice other than understand as she was going through it herself. It was mainly being on meds that she was all funny about but she also gave me the whole "get over it" thing as well, wouldn't dare think it now though.

I think I know the article you mean, I'll try to find it x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I was too lost in my own head to get past the "she thinks I'm doing this for attention so now I feel even worse" but my mum tried with my sister - there was no helping it. She thought how she thought and that was it. It was only after my first very serious attempt on my life that she realised I am actually not very well. She's a real star about it now.

Back then, she thought "we all had the same childhood so how did I grow up fine and you didn't?"

She wasn't aware of the things I suffered in my childhood and beyond and she wasn't aware that it doesn't have to be because of something. I have borderline triggered by circumstances and it's hereditary (I have strong suspicions my dad has it). My depression is also both circumstantial and medical. She didn't understand that.

My brother, on the other hand.. well, he has a step daughter with not as severe mental health issues as I have and still tells her the same. There's no helping him.

Colin struggled with the borderline at the start. I sat down and wrote out exactly what it does to me, how it makes me feel, think and act, why it does that, why it doesn't do this etc etc and emailed it to him.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Trichotillomania- 1, Grace- 0 :( back to square one with my lashes.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

I think I know the article you mean, I'll try to find it x
    I think if im thinking of the right thing it may have been you who originally posted it. Im not sure. Thanks

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

This might help, especially if you have someone who is unlikely to read an article
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!