Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    so today is 6 months since I last cut.
    I'm glad you found something that works for you. Keep it up! ^^
    Everyone else is out making something of themselves
    ... and I'm just sitting here eating Maoam.

I don't know what's wrong with me... I'm considered "intelligent" - I got six A*s on my GCSEs - but I have no common sense. I'm really dim and slow. I feel as though my brain doesn't work properly and in the way that most people's brains do. It's like I am so much more dim than everyone else and that I everyday things/how to do everyday things that people should know/know how to do. I've felt like this for a long time. I forget things sometimes as well that other people would probably remember. When I mess up, which it seems I do quite a bit, I try to explain myself and I get so stressed and angry/upset with myself. It makes me feel so pathetic and stupid. Some examples of my lack of common sense include: forgetting to take tissues out of pockets on my clothes and only realizing when my mum gets stressed at me (this happened a bit ago today); not knowing how to turn certain equipment on; when someone tells me where something is, they usually have to tell me more than once because I don't see it or know where to go at first; not knowing how to use stuff. I used to get so scared when a teacher asked me to open or close a window or blinds in class because I was worried I wouldn't know how to do it and everyone would think I was stupid... I still get kind of nervous about it now. Sometimes I even feel like I might not be able to live alone and get a good job because I worry that I won't know how to do basic things. I think I want to do a Biology related degree after my A Levels but I get nervous in practicals (maybe it's that I lack confidence, but I don't know) and I'm wondering if getting a really high grade in something means anything if I don't have any skills or the common sense to apply that knowledge to anything... People might say that everyone does stupid things sometimes, but I think it's something more than that. This messes with my self-esteem and, at the moment, I'm thinking I might start hating myself again. Ugh. I just wish my brain worked properly. :/
    Also, I usually don't know how I feel about things. I don't trust my mind - when I think I might feel a certain way, I think that maybe I'm just making it up as a way of trying to make me/my life more different or interesting, or as way of making me feel sorry for myself or something. There are often lots of different feelings and thoughts going around in my head and I don't know which ones are what I actually feel and think. I don't know if that's "normal" for a 16 year old or not, but it's so annoying. :/
    Last edited by ThatPsycho; 09-11-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

TP you really need to speak to someone at CAMHS about this, weren't you under the MH team or a psychologist at one point?

You need to write all this down and anything else that's bothering you and just put it in someone's hand, way easier than trying to remember it all. It's what I just did for someone I care about recently as I knew they wouldn't be able to verbalise it to someone they didn't know. It was 3 pages long and she was SO appreciative and it's led to this person getting the right help after ONE appointment.

Even if there's not much that can be done with therapy (I reckon there will be though) even if you get a formal diagnosis of something then you can get the correct support throughout the length of your problems or your life if it appears to be a lifelong condition. This means that places of education and employment will always have to take things into account for you.

Don't deny yourself the help, it's out there waiting for you if you want it hun.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Yeah, I was. I probably should make an appointment about this and my tic disorder. Thanks, I think writing it down would be a lot easier because I'd probably forget things about not say things right. I just hope I'll be able to live a relatively "normal" life and will still be able to make something of my life. I probably need some help, it's just that I'm nervous about getting it, but I think I will make an appointment when I get the chance.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    Yeah, I was. I probably should make an appointment about this and my tic disorder. Thanks, I think writing it down would be a lot easier because I'd probably forget things about not say things right. I just hope I'll be able to live a relatively "normal" life and will still be able to make something of my life. I probably need some help, it's just that I'm nervous about getting it, but I think I will make an appointment when I get the chance.
    I'm sending you a PM x
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Thanks. x

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I second what Hazel has said Beth, also you really remind me of a friend of mines - when were in high school she was very smart but really struggled with the sorts of things you've described, she's now 21 and other than the occasional "blonde" moment you'd never know. She's starting at uni this year after working for a few years and a false start at uni when she was 18 (not that I'm saying that will be your situation) but the practical experience she's gotten outwith an education environment has benefited her immensely, as has the simple process of growing up a little, now that she doesn't have hormones waging war on each other like she did at 16 she finds thinking about things a lot more clear and straight forward
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I second what Hazel has said Beth, also you really remind me of a friend of mines - when were in high school she was very smart but really struggled with the sorts of things you've described, she's now 21 and other than the occasional "blonde" moment you'd never know. She's starting at uni this year after working for a few years and a false start at uni when she was 18 (not that I'm saying that will be your situation) but the practical experience she's gotten outwith an education environment has benefited her immensely, as has the simple process of growing up a little, now that she doesn't have hormones waging war on each other like she did at 16 she finds thinking about things a lot more clear and straight forward
    Thanks for posting this, hopefully I'll get better too.

Struggling. So much atm. I put everything into this and now i have nothing. I dont even now how to explain it, the one thing that had a point in my life is now pointless and everything i do to help myself just falls away because i dont know how to express what i need in a way thats understandable.
    Everythings just falling apart so quickly that i cant keep afloat.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Tried to explain to someone close how i was feeling. They told me to grow up and get over it. If only it were that easy

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.