Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Century.Child.Soprano View Post
    After growing back all of my eye lashes which I haven't had since the age of 13, recent stressings and issues with my health have caused my trichotillomania to come back with an absolute vengeance, I am pulling hair like it's going out of fashion, half of the time I don't know I'm doing it :(
    I have trich too. I have had it since I was 9 (25 now) and I've got it bad atm too
    Piercings:
    Right ear - 3 lobes, two helix, 2 forward helix, double conch, double tragus
    Left Ear - 3 lobes, tragus, rook, outer conch, snug
    Left nostril

Tattoos: 3

Retired: Stretched right lobe, Scaffold on right ear

Don't want to be self-diagnosing, but I also have those kind of habits. I'm forever chewing on the insides of my cheeks/lips until they're raw and bleeding, pulling the skin off my lips and picking at my fingers (and toes!) - please excuse the TMI-ness. I can control it if I really try hard, but during times of stress (like now) I fall back to the old ways.

Also my neck-cricking tic is back with a vengeance. I have a feeling though that a tic is like a habit - you can't just stop, you need to replace it with something else. Definitely going to try to replace it, if not with anything else then at least with something that isn't as noticeable.
    6/7mm lobes, 2mm second lobe (left), 1.2mm forward helix (right)

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Aaand in a classic Michi-guilt-attack, I realised it might be interpreted that I think you guys are self-diagnosing. Which I don't. I promise

I just mean that it might be possible that I also have trich, but don't want to diagnose myself prematurely.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." ~ William Ernest Henley, 'Invictus'

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_2711 View Post
    Aaand in a classic Michi-guilt-attack, I realised it might be interpreted that I think you guys are self-diagnosing. Which I don't. I promise

I just mean that it might be possible that I also have trich, but don't want to diagnose myself prematurely.
    Trichotillomania focuses more on pulling hair out, it seems to me that you are possibly suffering with a SPD (Skin Picking Disorder) also known as Excoriation Disorder.

It is something you can get help with through an understanding and knowledgable medical professional, they could refer you for CBT, habit reversal training or stimuli control etc

Unless you mean you hair pull as well? They are both body-focussed repetitive behaviours so are in the same group in that respect.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

so today is 6 months since I last cut.

I am so very, very proud of myself.

In this time I have developed a novel way of controlling urges to self harm. If I can feel stuff starting to get on top of me, I go and either brush my teeth or floss... it works, really well surprisingly. And I'm making sure I have good dental hygiene at the same time. It's strange but it works :3
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN

^ That is a huge achievement. I don't even know you personally but I am also very, very proud of you.

Sigh. Job interviews are the only thing that brings out my anxiety to the extreme. Been feeling sick to my stomach since last night and the interview is not until tomorrow afternoon when I'll most likely be shaking and on the verge of crying. I've tried all sorts to help calm me down but nothing works at all, ever.

GAH.
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosasaurr View Post
    so today is 6 months since I last cut.

I am so very, very proud of myself.

In this time I have developed a novel way of controlling urges to self harm. If I can feel stuff starting to get on top of me, I go and either brush my teeth or floss... it works, really well surprisingly. And I'm making sure I have good dental hygiene at the same time. It's strange but it works :3

This is just superb well done
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by chul View Post
    I have trich too. I have had it since I was 9 (25 now) and I've got it bad atm too
    Totally just saw this now, wasn't ignoring you. Aww man, that's ages! I've been suffering with it for 9 years, it's been a major controlling factor in my life. I'm hoping a fresh start at Uni may distract me for a little so my lashes and hair can grow back.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Michi_2711 View Post
    ^ That is a huge achievement. I don't even know you personally but I am also very, very proud of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    This is just superb well done
    thanks :3 fingers crossed that I am finally successful in staying stopped
    You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.

Ginny Weasley

MERCI POUR LE VENIN