Page 101 of 224 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2237

Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Yeah, I wish I was like that! It's just never really had a good effect on me. Even when I used it recreationally I'd just feel very odd. For some reason I'd always be in a good mood the day after smoking though, almost like a reverse hangover. :P
    And thanks, I'll think about trying valerian. I'll have to ask my doctor if it and the other herbs are safe with my antidepressant.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Went to see my doctor monday in hopes of getting a referral to see someone about my severe depression and issues as the referral I was promised at the hospital didn't come off. She told me to come back this morning so we could have a more in-depth chat about types of services available and possibly going on anti-depressants but I'm not so keen on them. I was feeling quite optimistic about this. Got there today and all she literally said was "oh you look a lot better today, I don't think you'll need me anymore". THAT WAS IT! So now I feel worse than before and let down :(
    piercings
    lobes; tragus; nape; nipple; navel; vch; nostril doubles

tattoos
    star; lipstick kiss

Quote Originally Posted by missynatalie View Post
    Went to see my doctor monday in hopes of getting a referral to see someone about my severe depression and issues as the referral I was promised at the hospital didn't come off. She told me to come back this morning so we could have a more in-depth chat about types of services available and possibly going on anti-depressants but I'm not so keen on them. I was feeling quite optimistic about this. Got there today and all she literally said was "oh you look a lot better today, I don't think you'll need me anymore". THAT WAS IT! So now I feel worse than before and let down :(
    Ask to see another GP they're taking the p**s there, they cannot turn you away, mental health is about how you feel, not what an idiot GP thinks you look like, what utter crap, I'm really angry for you!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Deffo ask to see another GP and consider putting in a complaint about that one. How you look in 10 minutes of one day does NOT constitute a diagnosis of your mental state You probably looked happy cos you were feeling optimistic about getting some help! Arrrrgghh!
    Really makes me want to swear.

I had the opposite happen, I went in for my checkup when I was on ADs and I was having a bit of a bad day, doc tried to double my dosage :/ luckily my built-in stubbornness was still strong.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Thanks guys, yeah I'm gonna go see another doctor! Not right happy myself either :/
    piercings
    lobes; tragus; nape; nipple; navel; vch; nostril doubles

tattoos
    star; lipstick kiss

Good for you, don't let the b***ards grind you down!!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

So I am NOT happy that my GP has put my meds up to twice the amount I'm taking now. He asked me how I was feeling and I said "at the moment everything's moving so fast that I don't really have a chance to feel anything much" and now he's said that my depression is getting worse so has doubled my meds. Yay.
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Really hope you get sorted out properly now Natalie by another doc!

Kerry, did you tell him you didn't want a higher dosage?

I'm feeling proper like i'm stoned . . . I'm not, but yeah. It's a wierd mood. Guess it's better than feeling depressed.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Really hope you get sorted out properly now Natalie by another doc!

Kerry, did you tell him you didn't want a higher dosage?

I'm feeling proper like i'm stoned . . . I'm not, but yeah. It's a wierd mood. Guess it's better than feeling depressed.
    I did tell him I didn't want it but my dad said that if I didn't take it he'd kick me out. So yeah. If it wasn't for dad constantly threatening me I wouldn't be taking anything at all =/
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Wow what a supportive father :/

Is there any way you can move out of the house? Get a council flat, go stay with friends or something?
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue