Thread: The Mental Health Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kitycatlok View Post
    I'm about a paper's width away from commiting suicide.
    Are you ok? I don't know anyone on here, but I have depression and can relate.
    Piercings:
    Right ear - 3 lobes, two helix, 2 forward helix, double conch, double tragus
    Left Ear - 3 lobes, tragus, rook, outer conch, snug
    Left nostril

Tattoos: 3

Retired: Stretched right lobe, Scaffold on right ear

I've been binge eating for the last two days, after having made so much progress with losing weight and eating healthily.
    It's been a special occasion too, with a lot of food... I even ate meat after around two months of not touching it.

I had a lot of fatty, unhealthy stuff and I feel bloated and I have acid reflux all the time. But mostly I'm feeling guilty since I had made good eating habits. I know I couldn't have gained much weight because of two days of overeating, but I feel kind of bad.
    It's alright though, tomorrow's a new day and I'm going to fix this.
    And get off my ass and at least take a walk, today I've been sitting, watching movies and eating all day. Not sure if I spent the day like this because I'm feeling down, or I'm feeling down because I spent my day like this.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

^^Just remember it can be undone! I think everyone feels like that after a day or two of bingeing. Like you said, tomorrow's another day .

Absolutely hating my jealousy atm. Jealous of everything, and it's eating away at everything, making me irritable and mean to other people, and yes, less likely for me to be happy as well. The irony wasn't lost.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Does anyone use herbs/natural remedies for anxiety? I tried St. John's wort and I like it but it might interact with the antidepressant I was prescribed (I take it because I might have fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome, not for depression). So now I'm taking passion flower and GABA but I'm not sure how safe they are to take together or with the antidepressant. I know this is something I should talk to my doc about and I'm going to when I go in a little over a week but in the meantime I just thought I'd see if anyone has experience with stuff like this.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Check the leaflets/labels of your medication, it should mention if it interacts. I think St Johns wart messes with a lot of meds. Don't know about the others though, sorry.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

It doesn't mention any of the herbs, unfortunately. I think the main risk is serotonin syndrome but I don't really think that would be possible unless I was taking a high dose of an antidepressant, and I'm taking the lowest possible dose. I'm just kicking myself for not asking the doctor about it before.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    7 tattoos!

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Does anyone use herbs/natural remedies for anxiety? I tried St. John's wort and I like it but it might interact with the antidepressant I was prescribed (I take it because I might have fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome, not for depression). So now I'm taking passion flower and GABA but I'm not sure how safe they are to take together or with the antidepressant. I know this is something I should talk to my doc about and I'm going to when I go in a little over a week but in the meantime I just thought I'd see if anyone has experience with stuff like this.
    I use valerian root, I make a strong tea, or those tincture drops (they smell even worse though)
    I don't know if it's freely available there though? I get my dried root at a health food store. Maybe you can get an extract in pill form too.
    It really calms me down.

There's also marijuana, but that's another story I won't be going into.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril

tumblr

Thank you to everyone who replied - things are incredibly bad at home at the moment and it's in a "there's nothing that can be done" situation so I feel like I'm totally lost for a solution. I ended up just reading a book to take my mind off of things which seemed to help at the time.
    Hi, I'm Kerry
    Facebook / Tumblr

Current:
    Left ear: L
    obe (5mm), rook, anti-tragus,
    Right ear: Lobe (12mm), tragus, forward helix, conch
    Septum

Right horizontal nipple

Navel
    Right nostril

Retired:
    Inverse Navel
    Left tragus

Quote Originally Posted by Drynwhyl View Post
    I use valerian root, I make a strong tea, or those tincture drops (they smell even worse though)
    I don't know if it's freely available there though? I get my dried root at a health food store. Maybe you can get an extract in pill form too.
    It really calms me down.

There's also marijuana, but that's another story I won't be going into.
    Yeah, valerian is available here. It's one thing I haven't tried. I always thought it was more of a sedative. That's the problem with anti-anxiety stuff; most of it just makes you sleepy! There's also kava which I haven't tried but I think it has more side effects.
    Unfortunately marijuana tends to make things worse. My boyfriend uses it for anxiety and always encourages me to smoke but the last few times I have I've felt like I couldn't breathe.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    7 tattoos!

ah, smoking a joint always gets me in a great mood, laughing and all, I guess everyone's different.
    As for valerian, it can help you sleep if you're having trouble, but for me it just calms my nerves, but doesn't make me drowsy. It's cheap, and I don't think there's any harmful side effects if you take a lower dose. I've experimented and I need quite a strong dose, but it really works on me.

tumblr