Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any point getting a septum piercing if it'll be flipped up 70% of the time?!

Default Any point getting a septum piercing if it'll be flipped up 70% of the time?!

I love the look of really really small septum piercings... like this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3431/...18e830e7c4.jpg

Before i start - is it possible to flip that kind of piercing up?

And if so...
    I'm a gymnastics coach and obviously wouldn't be able to wear it down around the kids that i coach. I also don't really want many of the people that already know me, to know about it... It would be flipped up a hell of a lot of the time. But i still kinda want it... for me :P People all know me as the sweet innoscent girl and would be horrified if they saw it! I don't know whether it'd be a total waste of time/waste of a piercing... but i know of people that have their septum flipped up almost all the time too

What do you guys think?

Mine has lived up my nose for the past year i like it better up there.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

My VCH wasn't on show all the time but I didn't see it as a waste of a piercing lol
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by redraven View Post
    My VCH wasn't on show all the time but I didn't see it as a waste of a piercing lol
    Haha, I like this point!

You could think of it as a secret little piercing, just for you. My septum's very subtle and people rarely notice it but I like it that way
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Piercings should be for you, doesn't matter about anyone else. If you want it and you don't mind wearing it flipped up then why not :P?
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

The majority of the time mine's flipped up,even when i'm around friends who know about it(my family don't)and I have never seen it as a waste,it's a pretty awesome piercing actually cos it's so easy to hide .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Yay thanks guys
    I love the idea of it being a secret piercing, just for me :P I love septum piercings but i don't think i'm the sort of girl who'd suit one, but it would satisfy me very much to know it's there even if people don't see it :P

Gopher it!

Just flip it down if you want to shock people, it's fun XD Or try a small pincher at some point, I personally think they're less 'in your face' than BCRs or CBBs.
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

^I agree with Katie, you can hardly see mine without the balls.
    I don't think it's pointless even if you wear it up a lot, most of the summer I wore mine flipped up cause I didn't want my mom to know about it. It's just nice to have when I do want it displayed.
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I wear my septum up like 95% of the time. I still love it, though.
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast