Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you wear in your conch?

I've ordered a 16mm from wilcat for 90p inc p&p to try piercer is having a hard time right now id rather not bother her , (ex making death threats , smashing her house letc etc )

I was just going to ask exactly the same question but someone made a thread before me

I have had mine pierced just over a month and currently have a titanium barbell in which has been in since it was done.

I'd love to put a BCR or circular barbell in but it's been such an amazing healer I don't want to mess it up. I was thinking maybe just putting one in when I wanted to wear it n putting the barbell back in to sleep etc?

Also do you think a month is a bit too soon to be fiddling about and I should leave it for a few more weeks to make any changes?
    Have
    Right ear: Lobes x2
    Left ear: Lobes x2, Inner Conch
    Navel

Considering
    Tragus
    Labret
    Stretching left ear lobe 1

I wouldnt regularly change the jewellery yet if i were you. You are probably better off waiting at least 8 weeks before putting non sterile jewellery in your piercing.

Definately leave it longer before you start messing with it. Cartilage can take 12-18 months to heal. But once it is healed wearing a BCR just when you feel like it and a bar the rest of the time would be fine. I can see how having a big ring in your ear might be difficult to sleep on although i don't remember mine ever giving me any trouble
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Am I the only one who prefers the look of a barbell in a conch? I'm not entirely sure why, but a snug fitting barbell in a healed conch is so nice, to me. I was pierced with a relatively long one, just recently, but in a few months, if everything looks good, I want to get it changed to another, sterile, snug one.

Quote Originally Posted by titsmagee View Post
    I was just going to ask exactly the same question but someone made a thread before me

I have had mine pierced just over a month and currently have a titanium barbell in which has been in since it was done.

I'd love to put a BCR or circular barbell in but it's been such an amazing healer I don't want to mess it up. I was thinking maybe just putting one in when I wanted to wear it n putting the barbell back in to sleep etc?

Also do you think a month is a bit too soon to be fiddling about and I should leave it for a few more weeks to make any changes?

Changing jewellery while your piercing is still healing is one of the worse things you can do; it risks adding bacteria into the wound (unless a bar has been autoclaved it is not sterile, merely clean) and damages the delicate tissue which forms to help heal your piercing. By damaging this tissue you set back your healing process and by regularly changing jewellery and causing such damage your piercing becomes a threat to your body making rejection much more likely as the body decides to push it out rather than heal around it.

The very best thing you can do for this piercing is to wait at least a year before you change your jewellery. Unless jewellery is in a shape that is causing a problem to the piercing it should never be changed before the full healing time unfortunately! (But its SO worth it when you have a happy, fully healed piercing that likes new shinys!)
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

I want to get a conch, just so I can wear a BCR in it :-)
    have tongue, nostril, secret septum, scaffold , x2 helix, lobe 6mm, lobe 7mm, x2 lobe 1.6mm
    want rook, conch, daith, nipple, lobes 8mm

20 // live on a yacht in brighton // love
    alex

i have a 2.4mm tunnel in mine

Youtube
    FaceBook
    Tumblr

HolesLobes9mmLeftConch2.4mmLabretSeptumPA
    Ink
    AphexTwinArmPiece
    FullSleeveByMarkusLenhard40hours
    FiifthElementWristTattoo

got bcr in 16mm and 19mm, the 16mm fits

Bioplast labret with a clear jewelled ball

Joanne

Piercings : 3x Lobes Each Ear, Inner Conch, Tragus, Helix, Monroe, Wrist Microdermal, 2x Collarbone Microdermals, Both Nipples

Tattoos : 'Joanne' & a star on my lower back, Chinese love symbol behind my ear, Butterfly design on my hand, Star design on my wrist, Heart design on my foot

<3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast