Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455

Thread: What are your favourite Tv shows?

Our Tv in the office is connected to all the devices so we're rarely in the living room but we eat in there and watch TV briefly whilst we eat. I don't really watch TV any other time. We watch films in the office as it's our games room too I guess.

How are you watching TV content with no licence? We have NowTV so have to have a licence to watch that (same for any TV on YouTube or iPlayer but it's rare we even touch that). Thinking of just scrapping it all soon though. It doesn't seem worth it for the 1hr or so we watch a week. We could easily live with games and film only.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

As long as we don't watch stuff live or use iPlayer then (as far as I know, I do keep checking to make sure!) we don't need one.

"You don’t need a TV Licence if you:

• never watch or record programmes on any channel as they’re being shown on TV or live on an online TV service, and
    • never download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand."

Suck to miss out on Qi or Doctor Who but meh, it's not gonna kill us!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

It confuses me because we don't watch stuff live but it says you need one if you have NowTV which is what we have. I'm probably reading it wrong .
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    Our Tv in the office is connected to all the devices so we're rarely in the living room but we eat in there and watch TV briefly whilst we eat. I don't really watch TV any other time. We watch films in the office as it's our games room too I guess.

How are you watching TV content with no licence? We have NowTV so have to have a licence to watch that (same for any TV on YouTube or iPlayer but it's rare we even touch that). Thinking of just scrapping it all soon though. It doesn't seem worth it for the 1hr or so we watch a week. We could easily live with games and film only.
    It just goes to show how different we all are doesn't it Hazel ? I don't do gaming in any shape or form & probably never will, but I do enjoy a bit of telly. It's how I chill out & relax, I could live without it & to be honest if I did I would get a lot more done & listen to more music for background entertainment !
    Current : Left ear lobe 18g gold ring 10mm ID,
    Both nipples 10g 12mm ID BCR ,
    Reverse Prince Albert 2g 25mm curved SS Barbell with 11mm balls.
    Septum at 14g Horseshoe !

Retired : Pubic piercing 10g 12mm ID, due to starting Ball Stretching Adventure !

Tattoo's, Upper & lower arms. Upper legs & both shoulders, long forgotten how many hours !

Ball Stretching Weights, 38 x 30 521g & 40 x 15 234g making a total of 755g at present. More to be added !

Yeah I listen to a lot of music and read a fair bit as well. Most TV just bores the sh*t out of me tbh. I am an avid film watcher too.

I don't have much time to watch TV. I only do it for 2 reasons

- something just to unwind
    - something specific that I notice is on. For instance, there was a great documentary on last night about the collapse of RBS. (It was late and I fell asleep and missed the end - will need to catch up on that)

I wonder what the future holds for the BBC and the license fee. In principle I support the BBC but they need to change. If I were in charge I would get rid of some of the so-called talent that costs a fortune and freeze the license fee for at least 5 years. That said, it's probably good value for money - £150/year. Spotify is £10/month.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (72 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

I don't like that we can't opt out of the BBC and not pay it tbh.

How long before there is no broadcast TV?

My kids rarely watch it - everything is via the internet.

I am renovating a house at the moment - I installed both aerial and network connectors because in the future a good internet connection to multiple points in the home will be important, and not just wifi.
    Got: double snakebites|central lip|labret|2x centre tongue|philtrum|angel bites|smiley|septum|3 pairs nostrils|3 pairs eyebrows|bridge|15 & 16 (l&r) lobe/cartilage, rook, 2x tragus, 2x forward helix, conch (both ears symmetrical)|3x navel (72 holes in total)Want: Everything, slowly building up my piercings over time.Next up: venoms; maybe something genital

All our net connections (except handhelds ofc) are hard-wired, sod wifi lol it can be a pain. Agree on the broadcast though, it may not be that long! It wouldn't bother me much I don't think.