Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My strange hand web.

Default My strange hand web.

So yea, i got it done like, 2 weeks ago with a strait barbell.
    It was fine and dandy, swelled fast like every other one ive had, but didnt hurt or bleed.
    This was at about 9pm.
    Go to bed at 11 ish.
    Wake up in the morning and it stings a bit, but ive had that happen with every other.
    I go haflway through the day and I forgot that i had to help move an entire weight set into my home, so I take it out and decide to do it another day.
    That was a saturday. I go back to school monday and see the holes have left two perfectly circular dots (scabs i guess) and the swelling went down. completly.
    So i go home, take out my gauges and lip piercing and go take a nap, i wake up and still half asleep, get the same bar and pop it through without relizing what i just did.
    It didnt hurt, and only until later that night did i relize that i shoved it back through when it was scabbed over and in the process of healing.
    Zoom forward a week, and I havnt yet felt any pain with it, no lymph, and only the hard lump around the bar on the inside of my hand.
    I know it cant possibly be healed, but good god, this is the easiest piercing ive ever had.
    Creepy much ?

Please realise that hand web piercings aren't usually a permanent piercing!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Yeah, looking at my web it does look like an area that'd be very simple to do but definitely not long lasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennison View Post
    I know it cant possibly be healed, but good god, this is the easiest piercing ive ever had.
    Creepy much ?
    I've had many many web piercings and performed many, and from experience they pull you into a false sence of security for a few weeks looking all nice and pretty and then have an almighty tantrum and reject. Straight bars WILL speed up the process of rejection so I'd get changed over by a good piercer experienced in hand webs and after that I would not be taking it in or out yourself as "longer" term your web won't let you get away with it, and feel extremly lucky if you get more than 3 months out of it! (although through excessive care and consideration I got nearly 2 years from one of mine)
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Pinks, just hyjacking this thread here, where in London do you live? My septum needs a piercing. x

Facebook/Tumblr/AwfulModifcationsBlog

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

1/2" lobes, 15 other holes, 2 hours of tattoo work.

dont get me wrong guys^^
    ive had a few, and i know all about there rate of rejection, im just saying that every other hand web ive had (none for more then a month or so) and even my lip piercings havnt been this easy to deal with.
    Usually i swell withen the first minute of having it, and its a stinging pain the next day, the third day it stops hurting, but it starts creating lmyph like MAD.

This one completly skipped that.
    No lymph, it looks beautiful.
    And yea im not sure really about the jewlery, ive had them all with strait bars, even if it does speed the rejection process, I dispise curved barbells for some reason (maybe because i like to rotate my jewlery for fun?) I usually never have them long enough to reject anyways, I love them to death, but it gets quite annoying having to wear thick gloves and grip weights awkwardly when I work out.

Anywho, yea, just wanted to know if anyone has had quick swelling and bad crusties ?
    or anyone who has had a particularly good healing? (by healing i mean past the swollen, crustie/sensetive phase)

Oh, and is it ever possible to get that lump (fistula i think?) to go decrease in size a little ?
    I really dont mind, but every time i get one, it looks like I have a small marble stuck in my web.

Lump? as in a bump next to your piercing? A fistula is the name for the piercing hole itself, so do you mean hypertrophic scarring?

Also generally speaking you should always go for jewellery that suits the area of your body it goes through, otherwise rejection is almost inevitable as the jewellery won't be moving with your body but against it. Plus moving / playing with your jewellery is one of the worst things you can possibly do when they are healing as it destroys all the delicate tissue that forms to help supply the wound with the nutrients it needs to heal. Meaning your body won't be able to heal and your body will see the jewellery as a threat and push it out rather than heal around it !
    Last edited by kuku; 09-30-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    Body Piercer and Creator of Body Poetry
    A Body Piercing advice site complete with fully detailed aftercare guides.

Like how the skin around the hole of the piercing hardens up?
    I can see that when i streatch my hand.
    looks now like a tube in my web.
    I was just asking how i can make it less huge, cause the area around the fistula is hardend about the size of a 4 gauge. even though the piercing 14.

My first web healed past that stage, I'd taken it out after it was healed as it had been migrating slowly for a while, it was out for about six months or so and I realised on closer that there was a pretty nice looking fistula there that was left over, so out of curiosity I put a 1mm bar in which to my suprise went through really easy, then a week later I tried 1.2 which went in with lube on just fine, I didn't push it to 1.6 but I kept it for a further 6 months then it just worked right through the skin. I have a little bum shaped dent left now.
    Love Pinks xXx
    Body Piercing Mummy to 4!

Saskia Alice, born 3rd March 2008
    Current:1xLip,4xtounge,1xmadonna,4xnavel,2xeyebrow ,1x nostril, 1x nipple,1x tragus,1xanit-tragus,1xscaffold,1xorbital scaffold,1x conch,5xhelix,5xlobe,4xauricule1xhood,1xwebbing,2x streched lobes,7mm,1xSeptum,2xsnakebites
    Skin diver wrist
    Retired 6x helix,6x lobe,1x nostril,1x nipple

PM me for: Autoclaving service
    http://piercedpinks.webs.com/

Senior Member Microdermal Melissa's Avatar

I have absolutely no evidence of ever having a handweb piercing, i kept mine about 2 months ...

like what somebody said, it looked great at the beginning but got really angry after a few weeks
    I have:
    1lobe at 5mm & 3standard lobes -- 1 Tragus--- medusa --tongue -- tongue web---
    nipple--- navel--- vch --- fourchette - vertical labret

I used to also have:
    nape surface bar, 4microdermals, 2 lobes and hand web, madison

Tattoos
    Arabic on side rib cage
    Irish script top to bottom my spine
    Irish writing both feet
    Genital Tattoo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast