Thread: eyebrow piercing infection?

Default eyebrow piercing infection?

I have had a big bump on my eyebrow barbell right near the hole and it has been about 1 1/2 months and it will NOT go away. I got my eyebrow pierced about 5 months ago. i have cleaned it daily with the correct salt soak and every time it looks like it's about to go away it comes back. I'm so tired of it because it's really gross looking and I'm wondering if I should just take out my piercing or would that make it worse...

Is it slowly rejecting at all?
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

I don't think so

Ah right, it's just with all 3 of mine it started of with a lump that would go away and then come back, that was it slowly rejecting. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

dpack_1

I doubt it's infected else you'd be in pain, it would leak green / brown fluids, the surrounding area would be red, you'd feel sick or feverish.

It's most likely hypertrophic scarring. There are number of different suggested solutions to help but i think you'll find the most common and arguably most effective way is to do camomile tea compresses.

Also, you should ease up on the soaks unless it's still crusting you might simply be over cleaning the area now.