Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest the Pope

Default Protest the Pope

Join the “Protest the Pope” Campaign in this large-scale march against the State Visit of Pope Ratzinger in the UK.

The protest march will assemble at 1pm at Hyde Park Corner (top of Piccadilly).

It will then proceed through central London via Piccadilly, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket, Trafalgar Square and Whitehall.

At the arrival point, opposite Downing Street, on Richmond Terrace, there will be the final Rally with speeches.

Please put this date in your diary and make every effort to be there.
    Spread the news of this event as far as you can. Local groups might consider getting a coach party to come and if you’re coming from outside London and could offer a lift to someone in your area, please let us know and we’ll put you in touch.

The final Rally will be held in the proximity of our democratic Government, opposite Downing Street, to highlight our opposition to the State Visit as opposed to a Pastoral Visit like the one of the previous Pope.

1pm – Assembly at Hyde Park Corner (top of Piccadilly)

2pm – 3pm – March: Piccadilly, Piccadilly Circus, Haymarket, Trafalgar Square, Whitehall

3pm – Rally opposite Downing Street
    http://www.protest-the-pope.org.uk/2...pope-campaign/

What do you think about this? discuss
    Current piercings: Lobes 18mm
    Retired: Septum, Eyebrow,
    Orbital, Central labret
    Wish list: High Snug, Septum punch (6mm), Conch Punch (8mm)

I'm Nathan

Last fm/Tumblr

I am so angry that my taxes are footing the bill for this visit. Even if he hadn't covered up child abuse, why should I pay for a religious leader to visit Britain and spread his lies?

Richard Dawkins has called for his arrest (can't post link unfortunately, as I'm too new)

Sadly, I don't think the 'powers that be' will let the police arrest him...
    Last edited by Highlandhare; 08-20-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: spelling error!

I think the money could be spent on better things, only a small percentage of the population are roman catholic or even catholic at all , and id say most that say they are arent really avid followers of the religion. Right now that money could be spent on saving the chemical plants or even to help the flood victims in pakistan.

I just love all the merchandising they've released to go with the tour!

Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Popemobile ahoy!!!!

I dont think that he should be funded by us - after all i dont think that we asked him to come here. plus hes a head of a religon, not a real country so its not like its a head of (a real) state visit (i dont care what others say, the Vatican is still part of Italy)
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

I actually would go along to glasgow when he visits and protest, except that I know I'll just get lumped in with the orangemen, and I hate those bloody sectarian c***s
    Got: R Nipple @ 1.6mm (2/10/07)
    L Nipple @ 1.6mm (16/11/07)
    Both lobes @ 1.6mm (16/2/08
    2nd lobe (Right) @1.6mm (17/7/08)
    L Nipple (vert) @ 1.6mm (9/8/08)
    Septum @ 1.6mm (29/8/08)
    Tongue @1.6mm (11/10/09)
    "No God, Only Me" tattoo - 15/06/10

Retired : Inverse Navel @ 1.6mm (10/5/08)
    Microdermal (chest)
    2nd lobe (left) @1.6mm (14/6/08)
    PA @ 2.4mm (16/12/08)

well, once you study economics at all, you realise that magic does exist, only we call it money.

If the pope wants to visit then he can book Wembley stadium and pay for it his bloody self, not lump us with £12 million worth of costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandhare View Post
    I am so angry that my taxes are footing the bill for this visit. Even if he hadn't covered up child abuse, why should I pay for a religious leader to visit Britain and spread his lies?

Richard Dawkins has called for his arrest (can't post link unfortunately, as I'm too new)

Sadly, I don't think the 'powers that be' will let the police arrest him...
    Professor Biggot in action once again! He'd have everyone who didnt agree with him imprisoned if he could!

I dont agree with the UK being lumped with the costs of the visit. But I do wonder when people going to stop listening to Richard Dawkins and his atheist bollocks, he has pretty much made atheism more like a religion than not over the past 3 years, with his voice as the leader of the ignorant!

The protest would be great, if it was a peaceful protest attended by those who know what they are actually protesting against, but no doubt it will be attended by a bunch of ignorant people who dont even have a clue what they are protesting against and that are simply jumping on the religion bashing bandwagon as recruited by Dawkins sh*t tv show and book of biggotry and treating it as a way to voice their ill-formed opinions and ideas. This is the sort of thing that gives people like Maark (i.e. the sort of people that dont know what they are talking about, have no interest in learning about or understanding that which they are ranting about, yet always entering into debates on the topic wherever possible) an outlet for ignorant and intolerant outbursts on religious debate.
    Last edited by TheArctopus; 08-23-2010 at 11:08 AM.

let him come here, if he wants a big fancy time let fucking pay for it, or at least the cult he is the figurehead of carry the can...

send the money to pakistan. if the pope himself decreed this i would at least respect him a little

im in london around the time where he is here

see if i can meet up with some SolFed friends

S10 gasmask, long sleeves and gloves to hide my tattoos, monkey-paw for the obvious emergency use

cheers
    froovs
    Last edited by froover; 08-24-2010 at 12:10 AM. Reason: typo city

monkey paw?
    Got: R Nipple @ 1.6mm (2/10/07)
    L Nipple @ 1.6mm (16/11/07)
    Both lobes @ 1.6mm (16/2/08
    2nd lobe (Right) @1.6mm (17/7/08)
    L Nipple (vert) @ 1.6mm (9/8/08)
    Septum @ 1.6mm (29/8/08)
    Tongue @1.6mm (11/10/09)
    "No God, Only Me" tattoo - 15/06/10

Retired : Inverse Navel @ 1.6mm (10/5/08)
    Microdermal (chest)
    2nd lobe (left) @1.6mm (14/6/08)
    PA @ 2.4mm (16/12/08)

well, once you study economics at all, you realise that magic does exist, only we call it money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast