Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going for a smear test (with genital piercings!) :(

Exclamation Going for a smear test (with genital piercings!) :(

Perhaps a bit of an odd thing to post. But the time has come for me to get this done, and I'm actually feeling pretty nervous of how they might react when they see my triangle? Or if they'll react at all, or ask me to remove it? I get shy enough showing people myself, and have never had anything done like this before...

Girls please share your experiences!

Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog

I usually warn the nurse that I have quite a few piercings, so they don't get a shock... but it's not really necessary. They should never ask you to remove jewellery unless it is physically in the way, which a triangle won't be.

Don't worry. You'll come out wondering what all the fuss was about

Edit: I thought you were still in school though? The starting age to be called for smears is currently 25.

It shouldnt get in the way & they've probably seen a few so i wouldn't worry too much about the piercing

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    I usually warn the nurse that I have quite a few piercings, so they don't get a shock... but it's not really necessary. They should never ask you to remove jewellery unless it is physically in the way, which a triangle won't be.

Don't worry. You'll come out wondering what all the fuss was about

Edit: I thought you were still in school though? The starting age to be called for smears is currently 25.
    I'm 18.
    I got a letter the other week, I've been getting letters since I was like 16? :S
    Maybe I am using the wrong term, but basically some kinda screening/smear where they have to check me as sexually active.... ?
    Either way I know I have to show my lady parts to someone!!!
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed

ModBlog

i've never warned anyone pre-smear and i've never had my vag bling commented on by any of the nurses either, they are pretty pro about it, you've got nowt to worry about

I screen cervical smears for a living, and the government guidelines are three-yearly smears for 25-49 year olds (and five-yearly for 50-65 year olds). This came in around 2005... You usually have to fight if you want a smear and are under 25, or pay to go private. It's wrong if you ask me, but them's the rules.

Maybe it's just some kind of sexual health checkup? Although I don't think that's something they routinely call people for. How strange.

*childishly giggles at "vag bling" *

Love that term. But seriously... they should be fine with it. It is part of their job, I would guess they're trained in not going "Oh my GOD!!!" when surprised by something like that.
    Brainiest Forum Member 2010

Tiggerlou

• Tattoos - 12 in all, plans for many more
    • Piercings - double nape, right nipple, navel
    • Planned - VCH redone (at least), another corset
    • Retired - wrist surface piercing (right), VCH, nipple (left), and navel
    • Experienced - 10 ring corset (gorgeous!)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    I screen cervical smears for a living, and the government guidelines are three-yearly smears for 25-49 year olds (and five-yearly for 50-65 year olds). This came in around 2005... You usually have to fight if you want a smear and are under 25, or pay to go private. It's wrong if you ask me, but them's the rules.

Maybe it's just some kind of sexual health checkup? Although I don't think that's something they routinely call people for. How strange.
    I tried to find the letter, but couldn't. :S
    I think it's some kinda sexual health checkup, I know my friends get them through the door too? ... Hmmmm.
    Awards 2010:

ModBlog

Im 18 & I never have... Neither have my friends who are older than me :s strange

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Lots of under 20's are getting chlamydia letters at the moment as part of the 'R U Clear' prgoramme, was the letter from them (http://www.ruclear.co.uk/) or your actual GP? I'd give your GP a ring either way as it's nice to know what to expect. My step daughter kept ignoring her letters as she knew 100% she doesn't have it and they wrote to her every 1-2 weeks until she contacted them and told them to stop sending her letters, her sister and friends were all getting them as well. They seem pretty hot on it right now.

I didn't have a smear in the 5 months I had my vch but I would have just given the person doing it a bit of a heads up. I can't see why they'd ever need you to remove a genital piercing unless it actually interfered with being able to get a speculum into the vagina.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast