Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Going for a smear test (with genital piercings!) :(

The term "vag bling" in the Oxford English!!!
    Now there is something I'd like to see!!
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

Quote Originally Posted by katielou View Post
    The term "vag bling" in the Oxford English!!!
    Now there is something I'd like to see!!
    Try doing a google images search - it's already there ladies! My apologies for having too much time on my hands though
    First piercing: 1.6 Prince Albert - now 6mm. Latest additions: apadravya; ampallang (the magic cross!)

@ Radioactive: I've had a patient in his early nineties with a Prince Albert - I confess, that's the first time a body-modded patient has caused me to so much as raise an eyebrow. Medical professionals have always seen more than you have to show :-)

Thanks everyone for the helpful responses. It does sound like what Redraven said possibly, I've been getting letters quite often coming through my door about it (from my GP). I just can't actually find the last one that was sent which is frustrating. :S
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog

Can a triangle piercing be removed temporarily or will it close up?

rjs

Oo, I wouldn't want to try removing it unless it was absolutely 100% necessary, I'd be worried it'd close pretty quick...

Quote Originally Posted by captain_of_the_steamboat View Post
    Can a triangle piercing be removed temporarily or will it close up?
    Depends on the person most likely, but I'd expect any genital piercing to start shrinking fairly fast.

If I remove it (which I'm not going to) I'd run the risk of it closing, or losing the fistula, since everything collapses on itself because of the positioning and it's just not something I fancy trying to force in or whatever.
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed

ModBlog

I went into the GP to get a check up cos i was constantly dizzy and took to fainting on trains in rush hour. From that they concentrated on whether I was sexual active, which of course i am...which of course means that you must have chlamydia! And therefore need to be checked for EVERYTHING. The GP at the time checked me out and didn't even notice the piercing. I asked her if it would be a problem going to get a smear and she said 'what piercing'!?

Since then i've been checked out thoroughly by a clinic, two nurses standing over you scrutinizing your bits is intimidating and uncomfortable. The only mention of my sparkly was when i flinched at a needle going in to draw blood she said 'come on love, if you can stick a needle down there...you can do this!'

Psh, I'm a nurse and I see piercings there all the time for pap smears and swabbing for secretions. Nothing new. I would assume most nurses feel the same way.

To me, when I see one, its just something nice to stare at other than the nasty secretions the physician is swabbing at. :P

Kinda like looking at a pretty flower among maggots or something. Just something to zone out on while the doc does his business.

Plus, I think its hot to see that when working in a way. :P Assuming the girl isn't in for an STD screening of course. lol!
    Lil' Wolfen's Current Modifications:

L ear lobe 14 gauge (gauging till 00)+ second 16 gauge

R ear lobe 14 gauge (gauging till 00)
    tongue 14 gauge
    L + R horizontal nipples 14 gauge

Lil's Wolfen's Wish List:

L Industrial

R Tragus
    R Helix
    Labret
    Septum
    R or L eyebrow x 3 (one or the other)
    Vertical hood (muaha)

Well I basically went for my general check up (that's what it was) and before I got undressed I just said to the nurse ''I've got a piercing, is that ok?'' and she said ''Sure, I've seen it all, one woman had one all the way up her pubic bone, it was so weird!'' Which kinda made me laugh cos I was thinking, what if I had that one done. :P But yeh it was completely fine, I really don't know what the fuss was about. She also commented on my actual piercing saying the skin around it looks really healthy and all healed up. WOOP.

It's quite good letters get sent out to us teens (in some areas anyway) I think it encourages people to get over that fear of showing themselves early on.

Thanks everyone for the input.
    Last edited by Jinxed; 08-22-2010 at 04:46 AM.
    Awards 2010:

ModBlog

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast