Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegan

Default Vegan

hi well coming close to my birthday so need to start figuring which artist and ink to use

anybody know of any decent vegan tattoo artists?
    any vegans with vegan tattoos?
    and any recomendations to vegan ink iv heard about kuro sumi but im not sure?

thanks anyone
    piercings: 21
    retired: 9
    tattoos: 3
    future: who knows =D

sorry for just asking a question and not actually helping, but what animal products are in tattoo ink? i always well wondered.
    Hello(: Bits that've been poked: lobes x4, helix x4, forward helix, septum, left nostril, left nipple, standard navel and my tongue.My septum piercing's stretched to 10mm, it's like my baby :')

i dont know too much only been vegan 9months and i think its in the black there can be charred animal bones and there is also glycerin which can be both animal and plant based

Tattoo ink is made up of pigments which are suspended in a carrier solution. The pigments provide the color of the tattoo, while the purpose of the carrier is to disinfect the pigment suspension, keep it evenly mixed

and provide for ease of application. Most pigments are made of metal salts such as iron or copper. Others may be made from plant derivatives. Black pigment (also known as Bone Black), is made by burning animal bones down to charcoal. While the carrier solution is generally made up of: ethyl alcohol, purified water, witch hazel, listerine, propylene glycol and glycerin. Although glycerin may be derived from vegetables sources, it is typically obtained from animal fats.

aah right :/ thankyouu.
    Hello(: Bits that've been poked: lobes x4, helix x4, forward helix, septum, left nostril, left nipple, standard navel and my tongue.My septum piercing's stretched to 10mm, it's like my baby :')

I know this is TOTALLY random and kind of unrelated, but I absolutely ADORED this tattoo.
    Currently: 1 1/2 inch ears, nipplesx2, spiderbites, septum, 45% total body tattoo coverage.
    Retired: Labret, snakebites.
    Future goals: Microdermal implants.

Most of my tattoos are vegan, not because I specifically searched for artists but just because the ink was their preference. I would just find artists youre keen on and ask them, they likely can do it or can recommend someone who can.
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

i've found an artist and they use kuro sumi shes never been asked for vegan ink before what ink have you used?

To be honest, I'm not sure the brand. I could tell by seeing the bottle though, I'll have a search around and see if I can figure it out.
    Benji
    Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt.

ok thanks

Found this from another forum:

"Simon at Jayne Doe in Romford is vegan and carries vegan ink, likewise for Don Holmes at the Family Business tattoo studio in central London"

Also:

http://www.stablecolor.com

although the site is US based, so dunno about UK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast