Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angry Anti Tragus. Help Please

Unhappy Angry Anti Tragus. Help Please

My pierced anti tragus is puffed up to about 3 or 4 times my nonpierced anti tragus is. it hurts to the touch and gets a bunch of crusties. i originally had a horseshoe in it and it was not swollen that much but i changed it to a curved barbell too soon and it was too short and it puffed up. i changed it back to the horseshoe and it stayed puffed for a while and right when it was starting to go down i went tubing and it puffed back up again and now hurts. its sore to the touch and is super thick. its hard when you feel it and i thought it might be scar tissue but it hurts too much to massage it out. how can i make my anti tragus swelling and hardness go away. its been my favorite piercing since my rook rejected and i really want it to be back to normal. my other 11 piercings have not had any problems. help please. i really like this piercing and i want to keep it :( :( -Alice

Are you doing any soaks or chamomile tea bag compresses? If it's already so swollen I wouldn't do really hot soaks though, as they could make the swelling worse. Cool soaks, ice it, maybe some Ibuprofen to help with the swelling initially, don't sleep on it and if the jewellery in it is fitting okay and is good quality, don't mess with the jewellery any more. Do you have a picture of it?

1+ to everything Kate has already said.

Chamomile is a natural anti inflammeatory and antibacterial agent. This means it's nice an gentle but should help with any swelling and kill off anything nasty that might be lurking. Normally I would say just make a cup of chamomile tea and pop some ss in it to make a chamomile sss but again as Kate has said the heat might not help, perhaps cool the tea bag down before you use it as a compress.

If you want something to help with the swelling try arnica tablets, they will reduce the swelling especially if it's caused by bruising.

If your having problems with not sleeping on it try and buy one of those donut shaped pillows and sleep with your ear in the hole. Your head is so heavy that the pressure you put on the piercing by sleeping on it can cause major irritation to the piercing.

You may have just angered it by having a few irristations one after the other, so make sure the jewellery in it is titanium and then try not to change it or move it around much for a while.
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

if your ears are becoming seriously sore and you are using the correct medical care for the healing process its maby for the best if you remove it because you could cause some serious damage. let it heal up and get it repierced thats my advise
    Left ear: 10mm/00g streched lobe, 16g Tragus piercing
    Right ear: 10mm/00g streched lobe, 16g Inner contch piercing
    Nose: 16g septum piercing

I've thought of some of questions that once we have the answers we might be able to work out what to do to save this piercing!!!

Are there any visible signs of migration/rejection?
    Is the area red or normal flesh coloured?
    Is it just swollen or it a bump?
    How old is the piercing?

I know you can't post pictures or links with a lower post count so perhaps try posting a link to a picture of your ear putting a space somewhere in the link so it allows you to post it.
    I have a feeling this is a simple bump because of all the things that have happened to your poor piercing to irritate it but once we see it we'll know more!
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

i do warm sea salt soaks but i will look into the tea as well. it does not look like it has moved and the jewelry does not move around because it gets lots of crusties. its skin colored but a lil red around the whole. its really swollen and hard to the touch. and i would says its between 2 and 3 months old. here is a pic. oh and btw the jewely is a surgical steel circular barbell.

I dont know what to say! its really really swollen. take ibuprofen and to a chamomile soak. Im no expert, hopefully another member will give you more detailed advice!
    Ears;
    Tragus (l), Double Helix (l), Rook (r), Conch to conch Industrial (r), Daith (l), Snug (l) lobes (l@2.4mm r@0mm).
    Body;
    Navel.(2mm)
    Hoping for;
    Septum, snug (L), antitragus (R), more lobes, forward helix(L), horizontal industrial (hopefully, R). Double tongue, Inverse navel, collarbone MD's, 6mm/8mm lobes, horizontal nipples, VCH/Triangle
    (if i ever get brave enough.)

Retired;
    Lobes (l&r) second time up.

for me it doesnt even look like a anti tragus. its more like a 1/2 anti tragus. i find the placement weird. is it just because of the swelling ?
    Piercing that I have now : left nostril,bottom navel,Left ear: 3 lobe ,/Right ear: 2 lobe, 1 helix

I want :
    -1 labret (right)

-tongue piercing :venom or center one
    Left ear:
    -high snug

Microdermals:2 under clavicule. 2 on lower back (dimple),

retired: 1 helix,1 anti-helix,3 lobes , 1 tragus.

I'VE BEEN FORCED BY A DOCTOR TO RETIRE MY TRAGUS AND NOW ITS CLOSED AND SHE FORCED ME FOR NOTHING...I'M REALLY MAD . now the bump will never go... nice for the self esteem

half anti tragus??? and when it wasnt swollen and had the right jewely in it looked like all the pictures i have seen of that piercing

ok !but it really doesn't look like that now :(
    Piercing that I have now : left nostril,bottom navel,Left ear: 3 lobe ,/Right ear: 2 lobe, 1 helix

I want :
    -1 labret (right)

-tongue piercing :venom or center one
    Left ear:
    -high snug

Microdermals:2 under clavicule. 2 on lower back (dimple),

retired: 1 helix,1 anti-helix,3 lobes , 1 tragus.

I'VE BEEN FORCED BY A DOCTOR TO RETIRE MY TRAGUS AND NOW ITS CLOSED AND SHE FORCED ME FOR NOTHING...I'M REALLY MAD . now the bump will never go... nice for the self esteem

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast