Thread: Going to festivals and my piercings

Default Going to festivals and my piercings

So I'm going to a festival on the 28th July and was going to get my nose pierced afterwards. But, I've been dying to get my nose done for years and was wondering if I got it done next week, my nose would be ok throughout the festival. I was planning on taking saline solution and I know the nose wouldn't have completely healed, but would it be safe enough to go to a festival with a month old nostril piercing?

Thanks
    Currently have:
    Lobes x2
    Helix x 2 (right ear)
    Inverse Navel
    Double Nostrils
    Nipples (horizontal)

Want and hopefully getting:
    Tongue Web
    Rook
    Tragus

Considering:
    Conch
    Snug
    Nape microdermals
    Hip microdermals
    Labret

I don't see why not, just keep it clean with the saline and if you can get to some clean water, wash it with soap as usual.
    The bigger concern would be people hitting it in the crowd :p

Bring some ointment with you, just in case it gets a bit inflamed or something. (not recommended as an aftercare product, but it's quite a common "cure all" for piercings, at least around here - something including hydrocortisone)
    Last edited by Drynwhyl; 07-03-2010 at 01:06 AM.

26mm both lobes, 6mm second lobes, 6mm left inner conch, 8mm septum, 2.4mm inner labia, 1.6mm nipples, 1.2mm nostril
    18x18cm mandala scarification on thigh

tumblr

Personally I wouldn't, but almost all of my fully healed piercings get really irritated at a festival, despite my best efforts to clean with babywipes, haha! Last time I went to Reading (went on Weds, got back on Mon...didn't shower) I had to downsize my lobes to 00g because they were so, so sensitive, and my other lobe piercings took a couple of days to settle down. I don't think my nostrils were too bad actually, surprising as I was sneezing non-stop all weekend with hayfever

If you're only going for a day or two it should be fine, I just wouldn't recommend the full 5-day-no-sleep-no-shower experience with a healing piercing personally ;D

What kind of festival is it?

If it's just the kind with food, live entertainment, etc. you should be fine.

If there's amusement park rides, it depends on the location of the piercing and type of jewelry. A standard nostril should be fine. Any new ear piercings could bang against the sides of restraints, so keep that in mind if you want to ride something with an over the shoulder restraint.

If there's water (anything from pools to lakes to a dunk tank), I'd recommend getting pierced later if you're going to be in it. Park water tends to be grosser than normal swimming pool water (think of the number of people who've been there), and usually contains more chlorine than any normal person would put in their pools at home. Lakes tend to contain lots of bacteria, too.
    Current: 11 earrings, 12ga navel
    Goals: more holes

Well I'm going to Sonisphere which is a rock festival and I'm going for 5 days. I'm really going to think about this one. I did think about getting hit in the crowd although usually at gigs and stuff I don't but you never know! I also have another question. Being young and all I am the unlucky person who suffers from oily skin. Could this affect my piercing in anyway?
    Currently have:
    Lobes x2
    Helix x 2 (right ear)
    Inverse Navel
    Double Nostrils
    Nipples (horizontal)

Tongue Web
    Rook
    Tragus

Considering:
    Conch
    Snug
    Nape microdermals
    Hip microdermals
    Labret

Ah, I'd wait until after then. Especially as it's been so hot and not rained much lately - one of the weekends I was at Reading it had been really dry for a while and the dust omg. I had dust everywhere. My ears absolutely killed from dust being trapped between my lobe & plug. It's foul. Even if you're not as disgusting as me and actually shower it'd probably still be gross haha.

You're not going to want to be worrying over a piercing at a festival though really - just enjoy yourself without having to faff around with keeping it clean, and get it pierced when you're back.

All of my piercings went a lil weird at Download, none were overly new either but through the fact that you cant clean them very wel (despite showering) and the strange things you do/happen whilst drunk they got a lil irritated.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

You'll be fine, just keep it clean and don't face dive into mud
    I'm Katie (:
    Current mods: conch, navel, tragus, lobes
    Wants: nipples, nape, forward helix, hip MD.

Facebook (:

Haha Katie, if it's been raining and drinks are involved sometimes NOT being face down in the mud isn't an option :P
    Sarah

The problems solved now, I went and got it done today. Maybe not the cleverest idea espcially since I ignored the advice of insideout but I'll just see how this piercing goes.
    Currently have:
    Lobes x2
    Helix x 2 (right ear)
    Inverse Navel
    Double Nostrils
    Nipples (horizontal)

Tongue Web
    Rook
    Tragus

Considering:
    Conch