Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Vegans & Vegetarians

Well, I've been veggie since November last year. I've attempted it before then but my love of chicken was too strong. I still really miss chicken tbh but I get by, Quorn Chicken burgers and Redwoods sage and onion chicken-style slices are particularly nice :3

I've never really eaten red meat, I've really disliked it since I was a child, just personal taste (before anyone says it, I'm not talking about crappy 1 meat - even the butchers stuff I didn't like), plus I dread to think of what it does to people who are eating it every day o_o

Nope, I was a white meat and a bit of fish girl. I don't know why I went veggie really. I always ate veggie at home really anyway because my mum's been veggie for 2 year and my stepsister for about 18 months so we often have veggie family meals like veggie lasagne and chilli and then we'd just have veggie burgers if it was like a pie night or chicken kiev or something. I guess I just wanted to prove I could do it to people and now I'm in too deep

Nah, I like being veggie. I never harass people for eating meat but always get harassed myself but you know what, whatever, my choice
    ROSIE!

4 piercings
    1 tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Intra_venus View Post
    I've never thought of sex as some big important thing. Just something that feels nice that I like doing. Like going to Thorpe Park, it would be fun with anyone, but doing it with someone you love is an added bonus!

My vegan lasagne recipe

All measurements are rough as I eyeball everything!

1 box of lasagne sheets (I used a 250g box)
    Selection of nuts & seeds – I use pumpkin seeds, seasame seeds, cashews, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds
    Half a bag of spinach
    Soy cheese (the 'Cheezly' super-melting mozerella is good for this)

For the tomato sauce:
    Roughly 2 tins of tomatoes
    Tomato puree
    1 chopped onion
    1 clove of garlic
    Pinch oregano, basil & thyme

For the tofu 'ricotta':

Pack of silken tofu
    1 tablespoon vegan pesto (or a handful of basil – fresh tastes much, much nicer)
    Dash lemon juice
    Black pepper
    1 clove garlic
    1tsp nutritional yeast

(NB – if using fresh basil add 1 tbsp olive oil)

Finely chop onion and garlic and place in pan with a drizzle of olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and good dollop of tomato puree. Add oregano, basil, thyme.

Place silken tofu, pesto/basil in a blender/food processor along with the lemon juice, garlic and nutritional yeast (if using) and blend until smooth.

Build the lasagne with alternate layers of red & white sauce, adding a handful of spinach to each tomato layer.

Smash up your selection of seeds & nuts, either with a coffee grinder, blender, plastic bag & rolling pin, or leave them whole!

Top with soy cheese.

Bake for about 40 minutes (maybe slightly more/less depending on your oven) or until a knife slides easily through the pasta.
    Hi, I'm Amie

Piercings
    : left nostril, medusa, 2mm conch, daith, tragus, 8mm lobes
    Tattoos: Japanese sleeve in progress, latin script
    Retired: septum, labret, double nostrils, tongue, industrial, rook
    Planned ink: dotwork sleeve, Buddhist mantra on chest, start on my legs!
    Planned piercings: septum take two, cheeks (?)

So a few weeks ago I went into the city and ate ate a vegan diner. YUM. They had this "cheese" queso sauce. I believe it was cashew based. Some kind of nut. :P Anyone heard of it or had it? I'm trying to find a recipe but I cant find anything XD

And I hadn't heard this before, but yall vegans, views on Honey? Eat it or no. Apparently it is in some sodas, so this diner had none. But it had these Agave-based fizzydrinks. It was awesome. Watermelon Creme was my fav ^^

Are there Vegan/Veg places in the UK? I know there are a few in the States. with Greens in San Fran . starting it. Has it gone over seas?
    Last edited by DownWithTheSick; 06-21-2010 at 03:23 PM. Reason: fixed my half-asleep spelling errors :P
    Have::
    smiley
    conch stretched to 6ga so far
    upper lobe
    one lip on left side.
    shamrock ink on ankle.
    horse & heart ink on calf

Had::
    one helix.
    one forward helix

Want::
    another lip piercing
    more in ears
    Anti-eyebrow dermals
    belly once I reach my goal weight
    hip dermals
    chest dermals possibly
    and whatever else crosses my mind.....
    more tattoos !

Quote Originally Posted by DownWithTheSick View Post
    So a few weeks ago I went into the city and ate ate a vegan diner. YUM. They had this "cheese" queso sauce. I believe it was cashew based. Some kind of nut. :P Anyone heard of it or had it? I'm trying to find a recipe but I cant find anything XD

And I hadn't eard this before, but yall vegans, views on Honey? Eat it or no. Apparently it is in some sodas, so this diver had none. But it had these Agave-based fizzydrinks. It was awesome. Watermelon Creme was my fav ^^

Are there Vegan/Veg places in the UK? I know there are a few in the States. with Greens in San Fran . starting it. Has it gone over seas?
    I think you might mean cashew cheese - it's so yummy. There's a recipe here, although I haven't tried it so don't know how good it is! http://www.vegfamily.com/vegan-recip...hew-cheese.htm

I personally steer clear of honey, but then I much prefer maple syrup anyway. There's some great vegan resturants in the UK but sadly they're all bloody miles away from me! My favourite is Inspiral Lounge in Camden, it's fabulous.
    Hi, I'm Amie

Piercings

Quote Originally Posted by ciderxwithxrosie View Post
    Well, I've been veggie since November last year. I've attempted it before then but my love of chicken was too strong. I still really miss chicken tbh but I get by, Quorn Chicken burgers and Redwoods sage and onion chicken-style slices are particularly nice :3

I've never really eaten red meat, I've really disliked it since I was a child, just personal taste (before anyone says it, I'm not talking about crappy 1 meat - even the butchers stuff I didn't like), plus I dread to think of what it does to people who are eating it every day o_o

Nope, I was a white meat and a bit of fish girl. I don't know why I went veggie really. I always ate veggie at home really anyway because my mum's been veggie for 2 year and my stepsister for about 18 months so we often have veggie family meals like veggie lasagne and chilli and then we'd just have veggie burgers if it was like a pie night or chicken kiev or something. I guess I just wanted to prove I could do it to people and now I'm in too deep

Nah, I like being veggie. I never harass people for eating meat but always get harassed myself but you know what, whatever, my choice
    Yup that pretty much sums me up. Alot of the reason why I don't eat meat now is just I really don't fancy it. The smell puts you off and the look of it isn't that great when you're not actually eating it hah.
    Sarah

Oh yeah, I don't crave meat at all now - smell and appearance don't bother me. The only chicken I miss is junk chicken like Maccy D's chicken sandwiches, chicken on pizza and popcorn chicken haha. I dunno if I'll resist if I get into uni, I'd feel guilty as sin if I ate it though. Christ, I accidentally nicked a bit of guys pizza when I was drunk that had chicken hidden on it and I felt ridiculously guilty.
    ROSIE!

4 piercings
    1 tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Intra_venus View Post
    I've never thought of sex as some big important thing. Just something that feels nice that I like doing. Like going to Thorpe Park, it would be fun with anyone, but doing it with someone you love is an added bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Word, they exist to serve us. Although I'd have thought a Druid would be more sympathetic towards them to be frank!
    Most Druids, Pagans and Wiccans i know; including myself eat meat :p

I can easily go days without meat though, i regularly choose the veggie option when eating out and other than bacon would probably eat very little of it at home if i didnt cook for my boyfriend every night. I very much doubt i could go vegan though, i love dairy products too much. I have loads of respect for people that do though.
    So far i have......

Left lobe 1x 1.2 1x 5mm
    Right lobe 1x 1.2 1x 1.6
    Right tragus
    Right helix
    Nose
    Left side of lip
    Tongue
    Left industrial
    ​Right Nipple

Tattoos

8 pentagrams down left side of my back
    Tree of life on left arm
    RAF Pin-up on right leg
    Triple moon goddess symbol on left forearm
    ​Horned God symbol on right forearm

http://www.facebook.com/Masinor85

Quote Originally Posted by Masinor View Post
    Most Druids, Pagans and Wiccans i know; including myself eat meat :p

I can easily go days without meat though, i regularly choose the veggie option when eating out and other than bacon would probably eat very little of it at home if i didnt cook for my boyfriend every night. I very much doubt i could go vegan though, i love dairy products too much. I have loads of respect for people that do though.
    Wrong sort of druid, he's the sort who changes into animals and then twats them with bound keys so that yellow and white numbers appear over the heads of his foes.
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Wrong sort of druid, he's the sort who changes into animals and then twats them with bound keys so that yellow and white numbers appear over the heads of his foes.
    Haha!
    Hi, I'm Amie

Piercings

We actually used to play on the same server, believe it or not!
    If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.

Lifting big, getting bigger.

No use for an imaginary friend.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast