Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sometimes threads just wont load and the forum is now impossible to use on my phone

Default sometimes threads just wont load and the forum is now impossible to use on my phone

Hi

sometimes when using the forum i find that some threads just wont open no matter how many times i try but others open instantly. Its a little annoying tbh.

the new forum is now totally unsuable and so slow on my phone. Links are layered on top of each other and its a mess , shame because i used to post almost exclusively from my phone . My phone isnt an internet phone but loads every other page i use no problem.

for any more details just ask

The ones that won't open - are they the ones with dots in the thread title? Delete the dots out of the thread title in the URL and it should work fine. The admin knows that everyone is having this problem but apparently they're the only person in the world that it's not happening to, so I doubt it'll be fixed soon Click for that thread.

If not then post some examples of threads that aren't working for you? The only ones I've had problems with are the ones with dots.

And yeah, the upgrade totally sucked.

Also wtf at that new sidebar thing that I have to close every single time I log on the forum. It's annoying.

ill have to go back to check but the thread im trying to open is the one by froover about 2.4mm labrets it just wont load . ill check the dots thing cheers

and yeah the forum sucks now, its so much slower and just annoying and the side bar thing does my head in.

petition to downgrade the forum?

EDIT: the dot thing was totally it . i changed it from labrets with 2.4mm stem to labrets with 24mm stems and it works .............. id like to see a labret with a 24 mm gauge stem the ball would be mahoosive

i found another that does it .............. gorrrrrrrrrrrrdddd annoying much. MODS sort it !
    Last edited by bekki2308; 06-13-2010 at 10:02 PM.

found another thread that does the same thing

seriously it sucks

forum doesnt work on my PSP either, ive not tried to do this for yaers but it doesnt work

I've had problems with threads that won't open and I'm sure they weren't ones with dots in the title!

I've often wondered why it seems some people could read and reply (I can see the reply and view count increasing) to those threads and I couldn't get them to open.
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

I have the same problem (Firefox 3.6.8, MacOSX) on threads with dots in. However, I can sometimes get the second or subsequent page to load using the page number links instead (page 1 never loads).

i copy the link address and paste into another tab then remove the dot and load , then it works

Oh damn, I am new, just made this mistake, made another thread that had no.... and it works now, hope its not trouble, had no clue.

There's quite a few threads I can't open now, it's rather annoying.
    Current piercings: 7 in each ear, both tragus, both forward helix, 2 right nostril, ring in left nostril, septum. 3 lower lip piercings, webbing, 2 micro dermals in my chest, left nipple, bottom navel, VCH
    Retired: 2 eyebrow micro dermals, 2 eyebrow rings, both cheeks, 2 lip piercings, top navel
    Future: Lots! Erm my conchs, some surface bars in my chest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast