Thread: surface tragus - retired! :(

Default surface tragus - retired! :(

i went to my piercers to retire my surface tragus today :( its sad but its for the best because it doesnt seem to be nice, keeps acting up all the time and it keeps getting tangled up with my hair :( its still pretty sore atm, cos i got it pierced at the end of Dec and its nearly 6 months old, but had to give it up because i knew it wouldnt be any better! however now that ive retired it, ive got a bump on both holes and was wondering what i could do to ease off the bump? and does jojoba oil/bio-oil help reduce the scarring a bit? x

current - 4x lobes, standard navel & inverse navel
    Ink - lotus flower & hand of fatima on upper back, unalome behind left ear, live in the moment script inner right arm, bauhinia flower dotwork on right wrist, capricorn & snake zodiac signs on left wrist, patience is beautiful in arabic on left inner elbow, wanderlust on right side feet, what goes around comes back around back of right thigh, tibetan script on left ribs

oh... surface tragus are evil
    Piercing that I have now : left nostril,bottom navel,Left ear: 3 lobe ,/Right ear: 2 lobe, 1 helix

I want :
    -1 labret (right)

-tongue piercing :venom or center one
    Left ear:
    -high snug

Microdermals:2 under clavicule. 2 on lower back (dimple),

retired: 1 helix,1 anti-helix,3 lobes , 1 tragus.

I'VE BEEN FORCED BY A DOCTOR TO RETIRE MY TRAGUS AND NOW ITS CLOSED AND SHE FORCED ME FOR NOTHING...I'M REALLY MAD . now the bump will never go... nice for the self esteem

I'd give it about a month before you start massaging or applying anything. You'd be amazed how fast removed piercings heal!

Sorry about your loss :( At least it's time to get a new piercing

Sorry you had to retire it! Give it a few hot salt soaks to pull out any gunk that might be in there. Let it calm down a bit then do some oil massages on it if you think the bumps won't go. Would advise doing chamomile and salt soaks on it for a while before anything harsher, that's really good for bringing down bumps like hypertrophic scarring.
    Awards 2010:
    Newbie award - someone registered in 2010 who has made the best all round contribution to the forum: Winner: Jinxed
    Best female genital modification: Winner: Jinxed

Read my Triangle experience on
    ModBlog

aww thank you all for your valuable advice! im hoping it will heal faster now that its taken out! still got some dried bloody crusts formed on both holes after i shower (besides the bumps) so yeah i hope those fade away soon!!!

current - 4x lobes, standard navel & inverse navel
    Ink - lotus flower & hand of fatima on upper back, unalome behind left ear, live in the moment script inner right arm, bauhinia flower dotwork on right wrist, capricorn & snake zodiac signs on left wrist, patience is beautiful in arabic on left inner elbow, wanderlust on right side feet, what goes around comes back around back of right thigh, tibetan script on left ribs

I so want a Surface tragus - sorry you had to retire yours :(
    When i spoke to my piercer about them he suggested having a 2 skin divers or microdermals instead, don't know if they stand a better chance of lasting instead of a surface bar though....
    PIERCINGS

RIGHT EAR: 4X Lobe- 4mm, 2mm, 1.6mm, 1.2mm, Tragus- 1.2mm, Daith- 1.2mm
    LEFT EAR: 3X Lobe- 4mm, 2mm, 1.6mm, Rook- 1.2mm
    OTHER: Septum- 1.6mm, VCH- 1.6mm,Right Nostril- 1.2mm
    RETIRED 2X Nostril
    FUTURE: Right & Left Conch, Surface Tragus,
    TATTOO'S X5

As Jinxed says do sss with chamomile in them first, this will help pull out anything nasty that might have gotten in there once the jewellery was removed (or perviously) and the chamomile will work wonders on the bumps as well as been nice and soothing!
    Just prepare the chamomile tea as normal and put your sea salt into it, you can also keep the tea bag and use it as a compress to hold against the bumps!

Then once it's healed a little more, so it does hurt to massage it, then start with the bio-oil.
    Current:
    Right ear: 2x lobe, industrial, inner conch
    Left ear: 2x lobe, 3x helix, tragus
    Navel, Tongue, VCH, Nipples vertical
    Retired:
    Nipples horizontal, Fourchette
    Tattoos:
    30ish from head to toe, with too many gaps inbetween!
    Brands:
    Linked hearts
    Coming soon:
    Forward helix

I use vitamin E oil on my surface piercing scarring. It's cheaper than Bio Oil.